JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I am a L.L.C. I am the sole officer. I have been wondering if buying the items in my company's name would be of any benefit over having a personal trust? The LLC does have some assets so I suppose there is some liability concerns if there ever was any kind of problem.

Anyone ever done it?

Buying on LLC works just like buying with a trust. It use to be the real common thing till people figured out you could use a trust.

The only downside that I know of to an LLC is that you have to maintain it as long as you want to continue to own the NFA items on it. So basically when you retire, sale, or go out of business you will either have to dispose of the items or transfer (pay $200 for each) to change the "owner name".

I don't know much about the LLC route outside of what's mentioned above, but I think the trust is known to be safest, long-term solution when executed properly by someone that knows what they are doing. For me, I would rather pay a little more up front for peace of mind and only one transfer stamp, rather than going through some $hit to find out I should have done it differently later. I will be starting one for my first suppressor in a few weeks. Just gotta clear a few things off the "to do" list first.

If you haven't checked it out already, guntrustlawyer.com has lots of good info.

I have an NFA trust called "Stomper Family Trust" with listed NFA items & trustees, lines of immediate succession for executor (who can add/delete trustees and adjust lines of succession) so it can go on in perpetuity after I'm wearing a toe-tag.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews