JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe that there's an FFL in Vancouver that will do the transfer fr $10. In Washington, the individual doesn't pay for the background check like Oregon, so it's much cheaper for transfers.

And that use tax really pisses me off. Especially on second, third, fourth hand guns. They tax it every step of the way. Same with cars, it's really messed up. Another reason to fight tooth and nail against background checks and registrations, so they can't tax us more.

Wow I just read that use tax. What BS!!! I'll make a bill of sale up for $0.01. That way WA can suck it. I'm not paying tax on a gun this expensive. image.jpg It's a Kimber Compact Custom. A series 70. 4" barrel, officer grip, steel frame. I've only seen one other for $1100. And it had so many rounds down is it needed a new barrel.

I really appreciate that info bigstick! If I went to transfer this and didn't have that bill of sale, it would be really awkward telling them I'm just going to let him borrow it until I put his old balls in a home! Lmao

Lol funny you say that! I do have cancer (I'm ok though, stem cell transplant) and still that thought had never crossed my mind. Even with all the crap I've dealt with I'm not into that sort of thing. D.A.R.E. worked for me, I'll pass on green cookies.

I am afraid the bill of sale can not be for $0.01:
Quote:
"If for whatever reason, the Washington dealer is ... unable to obtain the original purchase price, the current fair market value of the firearm should be used. (RCW 82.12.010) Current fair market values may be determined by the insured value, a recent appraisal, or a reliable resource such as a respected publisher of gun values. (Values are subject to audit verification.)"

If I understand correctly you built a gun for you uncle to use, right?

https://www.atf.gov/content/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unlicensed-persons

Q: To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?
A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person's own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top