JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My 1st gen apple earbuds or AirPods have finally given up the ghost. Beat to heck over the years so no biggie. But looking for best noise cancelling earbuds (not looking for gun range protection, just regular noise).

I see jabra is highly rated. I had Bose ones once (1st gen noise cancelling Bluetooth earbuds and returned them as they were a pain to use imo and not very good).

Noise cancelling is #1 priority for me and sound quality 2nd.

Thx for any recommendations!

If you need very good noise cancellation with the ability to also speak on the phone without the other party hearing the environment you are in, the Bose 700 headset will be the one to get. Earbuds are typically very limited in their ability and while they do help, I've found that they don't work as well as headsets like the Bose 700.

Before the pandemic, I had to travel for work a lot and is always making calls with customers and colleagues while at the airport terminal or airport lounges. The Bose 700 is how I did it without irritating the other party on the call because it also cancels out ambient noise on your mic.

Sony WF-1000XM4

Not cheap, but best noise cancelling, sounding true wireless ear buds. If you want to save some money, get the previous XM3 version. Still great noise canceling and audio.

Whatever you do, don't get Raycons. They are the worst POS out there despite glowing celebrity reviews. Nearly fell for it myself before I did some research.

If you want to find lots of reviews by actual users and enthusiasts, try doing a web search for "earbuds forum":

Ending up going with jabra 85t cuz $99 for refurbished. All I can say is wow noise cancelling has come a long way. Outdoors sound of rain, traffic, buses, overhead airplane noise all almost completely gone when noise canceling turned on.

The problem I had with Bose one is it only worked when listening to something such as music but this one works anytime even if I just want to eliminate all ambient noise (adjustable to let some in if desired).

Another thing I like is built in equalizer so if listening to Pandora etc you can change bass treble etc.

The hearthhrough thing is weird though. It amplifies ambient sounds. Don't know why u would want that but whatever.

Impressed so far. Probably the other brands do the same I don't know so not a comparison but I'm amazed how far the technology has come in just a few years.

Last Edited:
Updating this thread to recommend spinfit brand ear bud tips for whatever earbuds you may have. I tried original jabra ones and 2 other brands and these are buy far the best.

I would give comfort and noise cancellation 10 out of 10 compared to 4-5 for originals and other brands. For noise cancellation these tips with no active noise cancellation are quieter than the other 3 brand tips when active noise cancellation is on. That's how big of a difference it is. No affiliation to this company and just passing along to anyone who wants quieter more comfortable than they have now. No idea what models they fit or don't fit so can't help with that. Sold on Amazon.

Cheers!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class