JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
HE knows who he is.

A friend of mine has acquired a very poorly Arisaka sniper with what appears to be part of the front end of the scope missing. I apolocate in advance for the poor quality of the image, but he's NOT any kind of a photographer... Any ideas where he might locate the missing part? Money is no object.

1666359194254.png

1666359424362.png 1666359395229.png

I'm no king and know nothing about Japanese WWII sniper rifles, but a Google image search seems to indicate multiple types of scopes with one of the options looking like his setup. Here are a few of the results:

c55d10c0d4d8187181ce995b1e7b82aa.jpg

This one appears to indicate it is used with the ladder looking thing in front of it.

95273_-4__92819.1613926703.jpg

Then again, maybe I'm way off base and this isn't what you're looking for at all. Regardless, that's an interesting looking setup and good luck with the search.

1666366303024.png

Does the scope in question function (can your friend see through it)? The front of the scope looks correct to me but I can 't see the whole scope so I don't know which model it is. The rifle it's self looks to be badly pitted and rusted but the scope looks correct.

HE knows who he is.

A friend of mine has acquired a very poorly Arisaka sniper with what appears to be part of the front end of the scope missing. I apolocate in advance for the poor quality of the image, but he's NOT any kind of a photographer... Any ideas where he might locate the missing part? Money is no object.

View attachment 1296104

View attachment 1296107 View attachment 1296106
I don't understand what part is missing or even what this gun is. But if money is no object, why not buy another gun for parts?

It's a WW2 Japanese Arisaka sniping rifle - so rare here in UK that even this sad-looking example was around $3500.

The owner thinks that there is a part missing from the front of the front lens housing, and that an acquaintance of mine on this forum, prez of the Arisaka Collectors Association of America, might be able to offer him a steer towards getting it sorted out.

In UK we cannot just go and buy another rifle, let alone a very rare example like this, for parts - see line 1 of this post for just one of the reasons. Having a load of money here in UK cannot buy a way around the gun laws that make ownership about as difficult as it can be.

I'm no king and know nothing about Japanese WWII sniper rifles, but a Google image search seems to indicate multiple types of scopes with one of the options looking like his setup. Here are a few of the results:

View attachment 1296111

This one appears to indicate it is used with the ladder looking thing in front of it.

View attachment 1296112

Then again, maybe I'm way off base and this isn't what you're looking for at all. Regardless, that's an interesting looking setup and good luck with the search.
Thanks for the post, Sir. You have given details of an Airsoft replica of the Model 97 and like most people who advertise them, they got it wrong. The ladder you note is the back-sight, which has been raised for dramatic effect. Like all iron sights, it lines up with the front sight, in this case coloured bright orange-y-red to conform to US law. The UK version has no such colour differentiation. Your top image is the real deal, BTW and it looks like you and the others here are right - there is nothing missing.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top