JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love defeatists and can't-doers. They make the time laying on the couch so much more justified.
http://jeffersondeclaration.net/

We've been down this road before in Eastern WA. Nothing came of it because it became abundantly clear that the new state wouldn't be economically viable. (Eastern WA GETS a lot more than it pays in tax revenues). Norcal is in much the same situation.

It's not defeatist to look at something that isn't remotely politically feasible and decide not to waste one's time. But, as someone else said, feel free. Frankly I don't give a damn what happens in California.

They don't like politics on this site which is bad because it's politics that take away your gun rights. Cali has been under Democrat control for decades and that is why the state sucks when it comes to gun laws. They say as Cali goes so goes the nation and if you don't believe that look at how the cost of eggs have skyrocketed due to Cali laws.o_O

Nice..... Thank you.

And may God grant you the wisdom to know the difference between those things which cannot be changed and those which can and the courage to get off the couch.
I.E., know how and when to pick your battles and when to walk away.

I also know what is possible given the Constitution:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Four_of_the_United_States_Constitution#Clause_1:_New_states

What it pretty much boils down to, no matter how much the people of the region want to secede, is that they have to get everybody else to agree too.

If you really believe that you can get all the people in all of the states to agree (including all of the politicians) that they should allow a secession, then I have a perpetual motion machine I would like you to invest in. :rolleyes:

But like I said, you go right ahead and waste your time on an effort that will never succeed simply because the powers that be will never let it, and they don't even really have to try to stop it, all they have to do is vote against it. The full onus is on the secessionists to convince everybody else, you can't just declare you have seceded and start your own state.

image.jpg

The Peoples Democratic Republik of Kalifornistan (PDRK) has had that for a while now, it was originally called the Basic Firearms Safety Certificate (BFSC) and in 2003 was replaced with the Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC) and now that they have to register long guns it became the Firearm Safety Certificate (FSC).
I'm not surprised that they're doing this, what surprises me is that more pro-2A Californians don't try to do something to stop it. I know several folks in California that are very pro-2A, but do almost nothing to even voice their opinion to the state legislators. They've, in many ways, just given up and admitted defeat. Heck, they've got some big name actors in Hollywood that are pro-2A - other than making the occasional pro-gun comment, are they using their considerable wealth, power and position to try and affect change? That's what really surprises me, and, what I fear for our state - people giving up because it's too hard. I really hope that doesn't happen. Washington has fallen due to lack of concern by enough gun owners. Let's make Oregon a standout among the left coast Libs and show them we will not quietly accept what they're trying to shove down our throats.

I used to think that CA gun enthusiasts had given up also, until I was stationed there, but that's far from the truth for many. I see people always bagging on PDRK gun owners (I'm not saying you are, just in general), but CA has some of the most dedicated 2A freedom fighters (http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/) in the country. They have been behind enemy lines of the RKBA fight for many, many years now. The front lines have shifted to us and we are now starting to get what CA gun owners have been subjected to for decades. We need to join forces with them to support and learn from each other. A lot of them did support us in the I594 fight.

BTW, they have the same problem we have in the PNW: gun owners who vote for the gun grabbers because of other issues are more important to them.

Ray

Last Edited:
I cautioned a few getting all excited the NRA defeating calif gun law recently....
that they would need to get past "shall issue first" which I mentioned would never happen...
this is NO surprise to me gun guys are way out numbered in caili, nor is it politically correct there
I left there many years ago because of guns

edit: I may be leaving here too ....let you know at the end of the next round of gun laws coming this year

Spot on. The Peoples Republic of California is a lost cause... gun rights being only one reason. You couldn't pay me to live there. WA is nothing but a CA wannabe and once I retire we'll will be voting with our mailing address. Any state taxes I pay will go to a state that shares my values.

The act should be struck down in court if the legal team applies the Jim Crow laws. A test to exercise rights has been time and time again proven to be unconstitutional.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top