JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well that's just lovely. I can't believe they get away with this stuff without some serious challenges in the courts. Unbelievable.

This is my favorite :

Will I need a Firearm Safety Certificate if I receive a firearm from my mother or father?
  • Yes. Prior to taking possession of the firearm, you must have a valid FSC. Pursuant to Penal Code section 27875, subdivison (c), within 30 days of the transfer you must also report the acquisition to DOJ on Form BOF 4544, pdf.

Son, I'm very sorry. I wanted to give you this rifle. It was may fathers before me. Before that, it was his fathers... But California said you have to pay to take a test and fill out forms and let the DOJ know and stuff for it to be yours..... sorry.

Last Edited:
Is it really that surprising to hear this? Kalifornistan at its finest!

I'm not surprised that they're doing this, what surprises me is that more pro-2A Californians don't try to do something to stop it. I know several folks in California that are very pro-2A, but do almost nothing to even voice their opinion to the state legislators. They've, in many ways, just given up and admitted defeat. Heck, they've got some big name actors in Hollywood that are pro-2A - other than making the occasional pro-gun comment, are they using their considerable wealth, power and position to try and affect change? That's what really surprises me, and, what I fear for our state - people giving up because it's too hard. I really hope that doesn't happen. Washington has fallen due to lack of concern by enough gun owners. Let's make Oregon a standout among the left coast Libs and show them we will not quietly accept what they're trying to shove down our throats.

I cautioned a few getting all excited the NRA defeating calif gun law recently....
that they would need to get past "shall issue first" which I mentioned would never happen...
this is NO surprise to me gun guys are way out numbered in caili, nor is it politically correct there
I left there many years ago because of guns

edit: I may be leaving here too ....let you know at the end of the next round of gun laws coming this year

I cautioned a few getting all excited the NRA defeating calif gun law recently....
that they would need to get past "shall issue first" which I mentioned would never happen...
this is NO surprise to me gun guys are way out numbered in caili, nor is it politically correct there
I left there many years ago because of guns

edit: I may be leaving here too ....let you know at the end of the next round of gun laws coming this year

+1
That's why I got myself and Fam outta there. Sad what the state has come to and the plague that's spreading Northward from the Liberal Bastion, leaving political correctness and stolen liberties in its wake...

This is my favorite :

Will I need a Firearm Safety Certificate if I receive a firearm from my mother or father?
  • Yes. Prior to taking possession of the firearm, you must have a valid FSC. Pursuant to Penal Code section 27875, subdivison (c), within 30 days of the transfer you must also report the acquisition to DOJ on Form BOF 4544, pdf.

Son, I'm very sorry. I wanted to give you this rifle. It was may fathers before me. Before that, it was his fathers... But California said you have to pay to take a test and fill out forms and let the DOJ know and stuff for it to be yours..... sorry.

Sounds like an unfunded mandate/tax in order to legally exercise a right to me.

image.jpg

Hoplophobia is like a religion to the urbanites in California. It's similar to MA, NJ and NY. There is no fix absent federal court rulings. The great majority of the population favors these draconian laws.

I would help Jefferson State earn it's sovereignty if they would get that ball rolling again.
Uh yeah - not gonna happen. For secession to work the majority has to vote for it, and the rest of the state just isn't going to buy that - we are long past the time when any given part of a US state can secede.

As for California - first they drive most of their businesses from the state with taxes and then more taxes to fix that, and then they drive people from the state with taxes and cost of living, then they use up all of the water and ask for more. Then they drive the minority gun owners out of the state.

Plus, I kind of doubt they have any retirement immigration - who moves to California to retire? Pretty much nobody.

Then they have a whole bunch of low income people living on their social programs who can't/won't move out, and the population keeps growing.

I am so glad I never moved there - I came close to it right after college because I couldn't get a job here. I was staying with relatives there to find a job when I got a call from an employer in Seattle - I skedaddled and never looked back. Most of my guns are not legal there.

I wouldn't mind doing some pig hunting there, but as I understand it, they even regulate that (have to have a license and tags). So if they like those feral pigs so much, they can keep them - after all, they only have pigs in 56 of their 58 counties :rolleyes:. There are other states that recognize they need help and most of those don't mind what firearms I bring to hunt pigs.

It starts with scoring 70% on an exam of 30 easy questions. Then when the gangs keep shooting up the place, they make it 90% on a test of 250 questions and a cost of $500 a test. It always starts small and "reasonable"...

Uh yeah - not gonna happen. For secession to work the majority has to vote for it, and the rest of the state just isn't going to buy that - we are long past the time when any given part of a US state can secede.

As for California - first they drive most of their businesses from the state with taxes and then more taxes to fix that, and then they drive people from the state with taxes and cost of living, then they use up all of the water and ask for more. Then they drive the minority gun owners out of the state.

Plus, I kind of doubt they have any retirement immigration - who moves to California to retire? Pretty much nobody.

Then they have a whole bunch of low income people living on their social programs who can't/won't move out, and the population keeps growing.

I am so glad I never moved there - I came close to it right after college because I couldn't get a job here. I was staying with relatives there to find a job when I got a call from an employer in Seattle - I skedaddled and never looked back. Most of my guns are not legal there.

I wouldn't mind doing some pig hunting there, but as I understand it, they even regulate that (have to have a license and tags). So if they like those feral pigs so much, they can keep them - after all, they only have pigs in 56 of their 58 counties :rolleyes:. There are other states that recognize they need help and most of those don't mind what firearms I bring to hunt pigs.

Yeah, and all those displaced Californians who elected the schmucks who sunk the place migrate to Oregon and Washington and (unfortunately) begin to repeat the process when they voted.

Oregon is almost a foreign country compared (for the worse) to what it was just as recently as 20 years ago. :(

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads