Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cal. AG wants 9th circuit to review and reverse CCW ruling

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Oregon and Washington are part of the 9th Circuit.

California AG Harris asks Peruta CCW reversal as SCOTUS eyes N.J.

Anti-gun California Attorney General Kamala Harris late yesterday asked the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals to “review and reverse” its ruling on concealed carry in the Peruta v. San Diego County case – causing a flood of applications in two counties – while the Supreme Court could decide as soon as mid-April whether to hear a similar New Jersey case.

California AG Harris asks Peruta CCW reversal as SCOTUS eyes N.J. - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Stomper and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Let's hope that pressure from a State's AG is insufficient to sway a Federal Appellate Court!!

3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

So, just exactly HOW does a State AG "pressure" Federal Circuit Court Justices?

4. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

Neither AG or the state were the named parties in that case, if I remember correctly. Directly AG can't really influence bubblegum,
    problem is any 9th Circuit judge can call for a vote on whether to review the case En Banc, so AG's move is really to achieve
    that....

5. Stomper

It's disgusting how civil rights are always being impeded by "politics".

I just did an interesting "experiment", I read the wiki entry for the Jim Crow subject and substituted the racial aspect with the 2A supporter who excerises their rights. Although (admittedly) subjective to what "one wants to see" as you read it that way, there are many parallels to what I see going on today (politically and socially) concerning the various 2A fronts/issues.

It looks to me (from my perspective) that 2A issues will (or could) become the new "Jim Crow Laws" millstone for the DNC, as more citizens wake up to common sense of being effectively able to defend yourself against "whatever may come".

Millstones don't float, ya know. ;)

Here's the link, try it out: Jim Crow laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6. Stomper

Hence my analogous "epiphany" mentioned above.

7. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

As scary as it is for a state's AG to be meddling in federal court affairs, is who this person is, and how well she is connected in progressive political circles.

What most here probably don't know, is that Kamala Harris is on Obama's short list of candidates for his next SCOTUS appointee, should he get the opportunity to appoint another justice.

The Court in a second Obama term : SCOTUSblog
    After this, her latest round of progressive undermining of the 2nd Amendment, the prospect of her sitting on the SCOTUS is one all gun owners should be prepared to fight, Every_Step_of_the_Way.

8. Stomper

But hey, as long as we can all be openly lame, and learn spanish, and vote as many times as we wish it's all good... Hmmm?