JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oregon and Washington are part of the 9th Circuit.

California AG Harris asks Peruta CCW reversal as SCOTUS eyes N.J.

Anti-gun California Attorney General Kamala Harris late yesterday asked the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals to “review and reverse” its ruling on concealed carry in the Peruta v. San Diego County case – causing a flood of applications in two counties – while the Supreme Court could decide as soon as mid-April whether to hear a similar New Jersey case.

<broken link removed>

So, just exactly HOW does a State AG "pressure" Federal Circuit Court Justices?

Neither AG or the state were the named parties in that case, if I remember correctly. Directly AG can't really influence bubblegum,
problem is any 9th Circuit judge can call for a vote on whether to review the case En Banc, so AG's move is really to achieve
that....

It's disgusting how civil rights are always being impeded by "politics".

I just did an interesting "experiment", I read the wiki entry for the Jim Crow subject and substituted the racial aspect with the 2A supporter who excerises their rights. Although (admittedly) subjective to what "one wants to see" as you read it that way, there are many parallels to what I see going on today (politically and socially) concerning the various 2A fronts/issues.

It looks to me (from my perspective) that 2A issues will (or could) become the new "Jim Crow Laws" millstone for the DNC, as more citizens wake up to common sense of being effectively able to defend yourself against "whatever may come".

Millstones don't float, ya know. ;)

Here's the link, try it out: Jim Crow laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As scary as it is for a state's AG to be meddling in federal court affairs, is who this person is, and how well she is connected in progressive political circles.

What most here probably don't know, is that Kamala Harris is on Obama's short list of candidates for his next SCOTUS appointee, should he get the opportunity to appoint another justice.

The Court in a second Obama term : SCOTUSblog
This list makes obvious the costs of the slow process of judicial appointments in the Obama Administration. There is one African-American candidate, one Asian-American, and one Hispanic, as compared with six whites.

As mentioned, in the lists of names, only one truly stands out as checking every box: Kamala Harris. She is the recently elected (2010) Attorney General of California.

After this, her latest round of progressive undermining of the 2nd Amendment, the prospect of her sitting on the SCOTUS is one all gun owners should be prepared to fight, Every_Step_of_the_Way.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top