JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cajun Shrimp and Andouille Sausage with sundried tomatoes and some quick blanched pencil asparagus

DSCN1011.jpg
DSCN1004.jpg
DSCN1005.jpg
DSCN1006.jpg
DSCN1008.jpg

Wow, This reminds me of home, Orginally from Baton Rouge, may have to show some of my recipes.

Please do post some recipes!

I just made it up as I went along so that how I will write it.

3 cloves garlic chopped, 2 shallots chopped both thrown into a Wok on med high with olive oil

Throw in one onion cut into long slivers, throw in 2 handfuls of sundried tomatoes and 1/2 lb coarse sliced mushrooms fry for a few minutes on high.

Toss on 1 tbs Cajun seasoning and 1 tbs Old bay seasoning add 1/2 cup water throw in sliced Andoulle sausage cover and let it steam for a few until the sausage is hot, taste and add more spice if needed.

After the sausage seems cooked throw in shrimp for two minutes, now at the same time you throw in the shrimp use some roux to thicken the juices.

Salt pepper powdered garlic to your taste

I used noodles because I'm out of rice but this really really really should have been served with Dirty Rice!

EAT!
______

Don't remember the name my mom used to cook it

Take 6 to 8 slices of smoked bacon and sautee till cooked add 1 lg onion diced 1 red or yellow pepper diced cayenne pepper, 1 can rotel , half stick 0f butter, make sure you cut your bacon up small when sautee.Add small box of velvetta cheese and just cream the mixture. Add 2 cups of heavy cream then add shrimp in sauce cook 15 min on low watch so cream does not burn. Boil fettichinni noodles in a pot , drain and add to the sauce turn off heat and stit let sit 15 min to thicken and absorb,SO GOOOOOOD
View attachment 192048

To all who post the pictures of their meals, you're mean! I can smell it,it's so good.I can taste it,it's delicious! Can I please have more? :s0067:

I can guarantee you that cost less than taking the family of 4 to McDonalds!

I'd make them each order a single burger on 29 cent burger night. They'd probably be angry when you started eating this. Old Bay is good stuff. I use it for a variety of things including some fried chicken seasonings.

This makes me wish I'd taken some pictures of the duck gumbo I made a few months back. Might have to make it again.

Good to see others that actually enjoy cooking and experimenting a little. My wife and I have been running a blog site (purelyprimal.com) now since September posting up a new recipe every week day. It's been fun to share and watch it grow.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews