JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have a favorite shop somewhere in the northern/mid valley-ish area (ideally)? Keeps customers meat segregated and turns out decent sausage?

The shop I used to take in my scrap and cuts for sausage changed hands a few years ago so I've been trying some other alternatives. I haven't really found one I'm especially thrilled with so thought, it never hurts to ask, right?

I only order german and summer sausage and trying to find a place using a recipe I like hasn't been too forthcoming. It seems it's harder and harder to also find places that aren't mixing customer meats. The poundage in, poundage out thing doesn't work for me. I take exceptional care of my animals and really don't appreciate places throwing in "Joe Bob's gut shot leftovers" into the mix.

If anyone is looking for places for overspiced, dry or bad fat ratios sausage processing though... PM me! I know just the places! 🤣

I've used Voget in Hubbard and the Sausage Kitchen in Oregon City. Both have always been good, but it's been a couple years since I used them.

I pay extra to get what I bring in back without joe bobs crap.

I've used Voget in Hubbard and the Sausage Kitchen in Oregon City. Both have always been good, but it's been a couple years since I used them.

I pay extra to get what I bring in back without joe bobs crap.
I'll give them a call. Thanks!

It used to be common practice. Then they started charging to keep meat seperated and now many places won't do it at all. Times change, but I had been using the same guy for a good 2 or 3 decades and retired a couple years back. Sad days....

Gartner Meat....74 & Lombard. 503-252-7801...closed Mondays.
My hunting buddy took some of his in there the year before last and got to try some. Personally, I found it a bit over spiced... to the point that if you didn't know it was elk in there it would have just as easily passed as just moo cow. Those nice gamey hints were all but hidden and seemed to have a fairly high pork fat content.

Not bad at all, but not quite what we were looking for.

I took mine into Voget's this year and will see how that plays out. I will say their prices are quite reasonable so all the better bang for the buck if their flavor profile floats my boat. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top