JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IF YOU BOTH LIVE IN OREGON:

You both just have to fill out your respective sections of a form 4 (transferor and transferee), and then the buyer gets the LEO sig, the finger prints, and pics then mails the form to the atf.

You have to decide between the two of you how much $$ changes hands and when. It'll be a while before the gov't sends the paperwork back and you need to keep the nfa item until the form 4 comes back approved. The paperwork will come to you (the seller) and you give it & the nfa item to the buyer.

If you don't both live in the same state, you'll have to use a dealer . . .

it is pretty easy.

you sell it to them, they give you the money you write them a receipt. you fill out your section of the form 4 that is intended for the seller. he fills out the part for the buyer. Gets his prints and photos. mails off the form 4 to the ATF for processing. once the approval is received, then you can make the transfer to him.

It is the same process you had to go through. only your the seller not the buyer.

Try this site for the form 4 <broken link removed>

just site down together and fill the form 4 out, print it off. get the signatures needed (non for trust) mail it in with payment. It is pretty easy.

Also remember that if you do out of state, it's 2 Form 4 stamps (assuming it is already on a Form 4).

So you'd have to do a Form 4 to the dealer in the buyer's state. Then the end buyer would have to do a Form 4 to get it from the dealer.

what if I buy my suppressor in WA, then move to Oregon. Can I sell it to oregon folks?

If you move to Oregon (i.e. a change of residence) you need to fill out a 5320-20 with your new address.

And once you are a resident of Oregon, you can then sell face to face to another Oregon resident.

You can still sell to an Oregon resident if you are a Washington resident, but you'll need to go through an Oregon dealer, and it's a 2 stamp process.

If you move to Oregon (i.e. a change of residence) you need to fill out a 5320-20 with your new address.

And once you are a resident of Oregon, you can then sell face to face to another Oregon resident.

You can still sell to an Oregon resident if you are a Washington resident, but you'll need to go through an Oregon dealer, and it's a 2 stamp process.

+1

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads