JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have some NFA pre 86 machine guns and suppressors. Is there any buying or selling of NFA items here. I am familiar with the on line sites but was looking for local sales where no shipping is involved and buyer and seller can meet face to and examine the NFA item.
I'm located in Southern Oregon.

It happens here occasionally, there is not an dedicated section for them, but I've seen them sell here.

I have also seen folks looking for machine funs on here, so I bet if you listed them here you might get interest.

Did someone say transferables in southern Oregon? Do share! :D

Though it has been brought up before, there isn't currently an NFA classified section here, but you can still list the items in, presumably, the closest category. If I can assist, let me know.

Yes, i would like assist regarding the NFA market here. Just moved here to Grants Pass from Southern Kalifornia and finally got my got my 5320 to move my weapons up here
I have pre 86 dealer samples, (Uzi, Hk). My tranferables (thompsons, colt M16, Early Mac 10 s, Mp 5, AC 556).
Getting old so decided to start selling off my NFA collection. Will also start my selling off my semi collection, COLTS, Uzi, FALS, HK 91, MINI 14 folders, AK s, everything preban

I assume that after the sale you will need to hold on to the items until the form 4 is approved? Some of those form 4 are over a year to get approved. That seems like the biggest bummer with purchasing NFA items from a private seller. Pay thousands to someone and hope they are still around when the process is finished.

Edit: and what happens if you aren't approved? Do you give the money back?

I assume that after the sale you will need to hold on to the items until the form 4 is approved? Some of those form 4 are over a year to get approved. That seems like the biggest bummer with purchasing NFA items from a private seller. Pay thousands to someone and hope they are still around when the process is finished.

Edit: and what happens if you aren't approved? Do you give the money back?
Did someone pee in your Wheaties?

Nope. Just being realistic. Would you hand over 30K to someone you didn't know and wait a year to see if you were approved to take possession of the item? Maybe that's a normal thing? I'm probably just weird that way 🤷‍♂️
I have seen escrow services used and also where the SOT holds both the funds and the firearm based upon the terms agreed to by both parties.

I have seen escrow services used and also where the SOT holds both the funds and the firearm based upon the terms agreed to by both parties.
Yes, that would be a good alternative, except the only person legally allowed to have possession of an NFA item is the person/trust on the form 4. So they wouldn't be able to legally hold it during the process.

I have already sold one on here via form 4. What I did after our signed agreement, is buyer pays half upfront after examining and test firing the weapon. Then I give him half of the weapon. I retain the registered part.

If I pass away, arrangements already made where when the approval comes my family will hand it over. Also anytime during the wait we can get together with the item and buyer can enjoy. I was a NFA DEALER for 40 years in California. But only sold to PD s. Almost all the weapons came from police agencies. The MP 5 K came from a sheriff dept executive protection unit. Excellent condition. But it is a pre sample

I have already sold one on here via form 4. What I did after our signed agreement, is buyer pays half upfront after examining and test firing the weapon. Then I give him half of the weapon. I retain the registered part.

If I pass away, arrangements already made where when the approval comes my family will hand it over. Also anytime during the wait we can get together with the item and buyer can enjoy. I was a NFA DEALER for 40 years in California. But only sold to PD s. Almost all the weapons came from police agencies. The MP 5 K came from a sheriff dept executive protection unit. Excellent condition. But it is a pre sample
That sounds like a good plan!

Did you have any luck selling those NFA items? I was just at a free range day in White City with Black Flag Armory out of Medford. We were shooting some full auto. Got me thinking about this thread. This might be a good place to show up and let folks know you want to sell some fun stuff. Black Flag has these free days every now and then. I think they have another one coming up soon. Just a thought....

Did you have any luck selling those NFA items? I was just at a free range day in White City with Black Flag Armory out of Medford. We were shooting some full auto. Got me thinking about this thread. This might be a good place to show up and let folks know you want to sell some fun stuff. Black Flag has these free days every now and then. I think they have another one coming up soon. Just a thought....
Yes, would have love to attend. Being new here I do not know anyone here with NFA items. Would like to meet other NFA enthusiasts

I will try to post back here when I find out the date of that range day. Also, the second Saturday of the month we (local 3 gun club) have a practice day at the Josephine county sportsman park. Anyone can come watch/shoot/meet shooters. It can be a lot of fun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top