JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you and FFL ?
Forgive me for for not dropping my life to reply your question have you read the atf's website on this subject or the state of washingtons site

Crickets...

I had a long post written up trying to explain myself, but its pretty simple. I posted a link and quote from the Washington State Department of Revenue's "Special Notice" in regards to I594 that does not align with the tax information you posted. With all do respect I would suspect you have more to back up your tax position than, "I am a store owner."

<broken link removed>

If it comes to your FFL from a private party no tax by what I read....

A) you and I (as non-FFLs) walk into our licensed WA gun shop (licensed FFL), our gun shop processes transfer to me = no tax on our sale*
B) you go to gun your shop (licensed FFL #1), your gun shop ships gun to my WA gun shop (licensed FFL #2), my gun shop transfers to me = no tax on our sale*
C) I purchase gun from Bud's (licensed FFL #1), Bud's ships to my gun shop (licensed FFL #2) = tax on my purchase and shipping

Clear as mud? Some gun shops may get B and C confused because two FFLs are involved in transfer/transaction and may argue to charge you tax to cover their butt.

*WA law requires I pay tax on the value of our private sale. However my gun shop is not required to collect this for these unlicensed-to-unlicensed transfers.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top