JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Forgive my ignorance but is there sales tax at your FFL if you bought it online at gun broker from a different state?

I'm trying to calculate a final cost and if so, it's basically three extra charges compared to face to face: shipping, FFL transfer, sales tax.

So is there tax? Thanks!

you don't pay sales tax on shipping so if he tries that one on ya ask him to show you
Sorry but paying for shipping is part of the transaction and the store is supposed to charge tax on it also.
It is something that is being paid for,just like you are to pay taxes on your garage sale sales,a use tax? It's commerce and gets taxed.
Just telling you what a store owner....that didn't charge on either.... told me. Oh , and 2 other owners that did charge on both
YMMV

Sorry but paying for shipping is part of the transaction and the store is supposed to charge tax on it also.
It is something that is being paid for,just like you are to pay taxes on your garage sale sales,a use tax? It's commerce and gets taxed.
Just telling you what a store owner....that didn't charge on either.... told me. Oh , and 2 other owners that did charge on both
YMMV
Well I am a store owner but clearly you know more about it than I do (it's not and excise tax)
I give what info I have I'm done I play fair and expect the same I am never disappointed

Well I am a store owner but clearly you know more about it than I do (it's not and excise tax)
I give what info I have I'm done I play fair and expect the same I am never disappointed
I retract my statement. I was thinking of the transfer not the shipping.
I apologize

But I am brilliant (don't believe it,just ask me:D) and probably know no more than lots,lol:rolleyes:

The BLOOD SUCKING POLITICIANS in WA have made it so darn near everything you buy from a business gets taxed.
Guns that get shipped to an FFL will be taxed which is why when building or buying an AR I have the upper and any components that don't require an FFL shipped to my home. Complete Lowers have to go through an FFL:(

The WA sales tax on out of state firearms has been in place for a long time, it's only the past year or so they started enforcing it.
Between the sales tax, ship cost and FFL transfer fee buying guns online for a decent price is damn tough.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Well, you could be like us and buy a used MH out of state and pay over $23,000 in use tax on it. Really hated to write that check out!

Can't really feel sorry if people have to pay a few $$ extra in use/sales tax!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Last Edited:
For tax purposes, I-594: • Effective December 4, 2014, I-594 removes the requirement for firearms dealers to collect sales or use tax from the transferee on firearms transfers between unlicensed persons whether such transfers are in-state or interstate transfers. • Keeps the requirement for firearms dealers to collect sales or use tax from the transferee on interstate firearms transfers by a licensed dealer.

<broken link removed>

If it comes to your FFL from a private party no tax by what I read....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top