JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any body know anything about snow boarding my newphew wants to get a snow board and I know nothing about them he's about 6 foot tall and has a size 13 shoe is there a certain size board for how tall you are

My son is a snow boarder. His weight is more important than his height. The type of board will also depend on his experience level and what he is looking to do with it. Jumps/tricks, or just hitting the slopes. He will need the board, bindings and boots if he does not already have them. Your best bet is to go to a good snowboard shop and talk with someone that knows what they are doing. If he is experienced, ask him what board he wants.

My son is a snow boarder. His weight is more important than his height. The type of board will also depend on his experience level and what he is looking to do with it. Jumps/tricks, or just hitting the slopes. He will need the board, bindings and boots if he does not already have them. Your best bet is to go to a good snowboard shop and talk with someone that knows what they are doing. If he is experienced, ask him what board he wants.
Ok thanks I kinda looked it up on Google and got some info that said the same thing I just wanted to get some information from somebody besides a salesman at a board shop he is beginner so starting from the basics . thanks for the reply

I snowboard and it can be preference on length. He mostlikely be riding 160 to 165 or longer. I would get a gift card to a board shop. Some boards can get very expensive. I buy them on craigslist most the time.

I snowboard and it can be preference on length. He mostlikely be riding 160 to 165 or longer. I would get a gift card to a board shop. Some boards can get very expensive. I buy them on craigslist most the time.
Yep I found a some used ones on eBay I think that's the route we going to take for now get a used one frist lol some of the new boards run 600 to 1600 bucks lol thanks for the info

In 1986 I had a Burton snowboard. Destroyed my ankles but it was a lot of fun. The snowboards have changed so much since I last rode one. Cruzer 165 - Retro Snow - Vintage Snowboard Museum
Found a few Burton boards from 160 to 165 I started out looking for Burton boards because even though I know nothing about snow boarding I do know that Burton boards are good and been around from the beginning thanks for the help

Typically, the rule of thumb on length for beginners is anywhere between the rider's chin and nose. Longer boards float better in powder and shorter boards are more agile/nimble (on everything except deep powder). Check the manufacturer's specs to ensure the board width will accommodate a size 13 shoe. I've gone back and forth with "straps" and "step in" bindings. Currently, have straps as I prefer the adjust-ability in fit and feel. Good luck.

Evo is a great online/retail store that has a really informative website. Helped a lot since I've always boarded and never been on skis. Good deals a lot of the time too. Bought my wife skis and bindings for Xmas and they went on sale couple weeks later and they refunded me the difference when I called them up.

Thanks for all the info I found a used Burton with bindings for him to start with only 200 bucks so if he doesn't like it I'm only out 200 and he can sale it lol BURTON CRUZER 164cm

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top