JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The wife and I are thinking about buying a new truck and travel trailer . We are within a year of leaving CA and I just wonder how much tax and added fees you all pay in Ore? Here it would add about $6000 to the cost. I could drive my old truck for another year for that kind of savings! What kind of fee's do you pay there? DR

There is NO sales tax in Oregon. As far as the registration, title fee and title & registration processing fee was just under four hundred bucks on a new '17 F150 STX 4x4. I know you'll need something a lot beefier, but the savings would be immense if you bought it up here.

Aren't out of staters supposed to pay their state's sales tax on big items? I would think a person would have to have an Oregon address at least or get into some tax trouble. I suppose the best thing to do would be to call a rig dealer or two and see what they say.

Aren't out of staters supposed to pay their state's sales tax on big items? I would think a person would have to have an Oregon address at least or get into some tax trouble. I suppose the best thing to do would be to call a rig dealer or two and see what they say.

That's why I'd hold on to what I have till I have left CA!
The lack of sales tax is sounding better and better.
We are coming back to Medford in December to look at some property. That may be a good time to look at trailers. Thanks DR

Oregon has no sales tax but does have income tax. Had a friend who bought and registered his car here before he went back to SF to go to school after leaving the military. Eventually CA caught up to him and told him to pay tax/fees or he had to sell the car here. So he did that - bought another car here and returned to CA - not sure what he did after that, lost track of him.

When I retire, my plan is to keep property here, but go to S. Dakota and declare residency there. No income tax there, no BGCs there, no bad gun laws there. Once I am a resident there, I can "sell" my guns there (or they can get lost in a boating accident, or whatever) and I do not have to account for them to the state of Oregon as I won't be a resident here (I will spend more than 50% of my time outside of Oregon). I believe I can still buy long guns here too.

I can be happy most anywhere! My wife is a little pickier. She doesn't want to be too far from her kids and grandkids. I don't think she would take to the Dakotas because of the cold. Ore and Id are two states that we can agree on. So we will end up somewhere in Southern Or or Southern Id. DR

If I had it to do over again, I'd have moved to Idaho rather than Oregon. Oregon is almost completely Kalifornicated and crashing fast. It's exactly the same situation as Cali; the metropolitan areas have all the political muscle and the rest of the folks be damned.

This is my BOL, but if the circumstances should permit it, I'd move to Idaho in a heartbeat.
After five years here I've learned a bunch about what works and what doesn't and what I need and what I don't need. Those were some of the lessons I've learned along the way. (Tuition wasn't always cheap. :confused: )

OH WOW so sorry OREGON is currently full. We would love to have you but gee just no where to park any more. Maybe if we get a cancellation. We can put you on the waiting list.

Maybe try Idaho or farther east?

J/K

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top