JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Needed and a precaution are two different things. Statistically it is very unlikely a kid will be involved in a school shooting just based on how many kids there are in school compared to how few school shootings happen.

I have a 3A panel in my backpack I take places just because why not. If you have reasoned that carrying a gun makes sense, than carrying something that could potentially stop bullets isn't farfetched.

Get a laptop pack and throw a plate in it. As long as you're running away, you might be able to catch one.

Plates weigh 8 pounds, not really interested in carrying that around in a backpack regularly in addition to other contents that are more commonly used in the backpack.

Besides, for some people the idea is to sling the backpack around to the front and use it as a makeshift armor carrier moving forward.

Plates weigh 8 pounds, not really interested in carrying that around in a backpack regularly in addition to other contents that are more commonly used in the backpack.

Besides, for some people the idea is to sling the backpack around to the front and use it as a makeshift armor carrier moving forward.

Time to go 50 Cent and just wear level II all the time. Over a wifebeater and baggy jeans of course.

D44C4C08-2A34-4C98-A84E-F693361B623D.jpeg

Time to go 50 Cent and just wear level II all the time. Over a wifebeater and baggy jeans of course.

View attachment 495457

No joke as a form of additional excercise I will wear a PC with plates doing 'regular activities'

Playing tennis is the one I do most commonly in the city. Thanks to the cross fit crowd wearing a PC for exercise related things has become the 'trendy' thing now. Mine has a few tacos on it but leaving the mags at home it hardly raises on eyebrow.

No joke as a form of additional excercise I will wear a PC with plates doing 'regular activities'

Playing tennis is the one I do most commonly in the city. Thanks to the cross fit crowd wearing a PC for exercise related things has become the 'trendy' thing now. Mine has a few tacos on it but leaving the mags at home it hardly raises on eyebrow.

My outer carrier weighs 29lbs loaded with all my crap. Running around in it on a hot day can get pretty swampy, but My back and hips feel a lot better than having said crap on my duty belt.

You can buy lighter plates .
Around 4 lbs but they are double the price of a steal plate

Yeah, they are thicker too, a lot thicker. I bought the level 3, 3.5 pound ones for the fiance's PC because she's a lightweight but settled for the 3A for my backpack due to weight and cost. They are only 1.5 pounds and we're about $100 on sale.

Ideally it would protect everything and weigh nothing, Tech isn't that advanced yet and because I'm relatively young the 30 pound PC is still feasible.

Anyway, back on topic. People buy insurance, pay for it every month and hope to never use it. I don't view carrying a gun or putting an armor panel in a backpack as any different.

My outer carrier weighs 29lbs loaded with all my crap. Running around in it on a hot day can get pretty swampy, but My back and hips feel a lot better than having said crap on my duty belt.
I feel bad for my LEO buddies that have all that weight. They need to help you guys bring weight down. You don't get paid the big bucks, but you should have the million dollar gear.!

Heck, my daughter starts middle school tomorrow and the school doesn't allow the kids to take their backpacks to class, you know-for protection . With her recent surgery she's unable to lift more than 5lbs, it almost took an act of you know, to get permission for her to take a rolling backpack to each class.

I feel bad for my LEO buddies that have all that weight. They need to help you guys bring weight down. You don't get paid the big bucks, but you should have the million dollar gear.!

Its heavy because of the extra crap mostly. I have a taser, OC, 3 spare magazines in magnetic pouches, radio, admin pouch, camera pouch, double handcuff carrier with cuffs on the front, a single cuff carrier at 7:30 and 4:30, an IFAK, two flashlights, and a multi-tool.

Its heavy because of the extra crap mostly. I have a taser, OC, 3 spare magazines in magnetic pouches, radio, admin pouch, camera pouch, double handcuff carrier with cuffs on the front, a single cuff carrier at 7:30 and 4:30, an IFAK, two flashlights, and a multi-tool.

You forgot the kitchen sink.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads