JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm glad someone asked this question.
I am also looking for one but I'll add to the original question.

Why is there such a wide gap in prices?
UTG for $24 up to $100+ for some name I can't remember.

That is a big, big spread there.

:huh:

So what is the difference between a $24 and a $100 BUIS, besides name?

To me BUIS means exactly that, BACK UP. Your optics become disabled so you have to switch to something that allows you to keep shooting, somewhat accurately while trying to get away.

I actualy have ised the Yankee hill gasblock with flip up sight but my new upper has a VTAC handguard that goes over the gasblock so I need one that will fit on the rail.

Midwest Industries makes a front sight specifically for the rail.

The M14/HK style front sights are VERY nice, and I highly recommend them over the M16 style.

Magpul's front sight is also rail-level, and can be had for 40 bucks at the gun show today.

The Magpul sights are very quick and EASY to flip into position. They are the absolute BEST bang for buck available. They're a little "bulky" on the rail, however that doesn't bother me as much as I thought they would.

The only plus I've found to their sights in the cost, and the speed. They are very fast to put up and down.

The apertures are weird, they're bulky, and they take up too much rail space.

But, you will never find a better sight for 50 bucks. Never.

(They also hold zero after multiple hammer strikes. Tested them myself to see how the plastic holds up.)

I have a YHM rear flip up sight on my AR. It's got excellent build quality and holds zero so I have no complaints with it. It's kind of expensive (around $90 iirc) but cheaper than a Troy. I have heard good things about the magpul MBUS and though I have not tried them yet myself, I love the other magpul products I have. But if you'd rather have metal irons, then I give the YHM one my recommendation.

Check these out. I know they are pricey but here you definitely get your money's worth. I have used their rear sight for years and am going to purchase a couple more in the near future. Although I have not used the new front sight (#41 BL) I will be getting two very soon.:)

:s0159:

<broken link removed> [hsh]41-B-L

<broken link removed> [hsh]41-B-L

i've been interested in this sight for a while.. i probably would have even used it for a couple of different builds, if it wasn't for the clamp-on-ness. clamps are LAME. i even considered clamping one on, and then pinning- like you can do with set-screw types- but it ust doesn't seem like a good idea to try to pound pins into a clamped device with a big split at the bottom.

at the very least, i'd have to clamp it, tap it and the barrel for a blind set-screw, and red-loctite it in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top