JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
anyone used this for a lower build? i was thinking of using it in a spikes lower just trying to get some reviews before i buy it thanks and also this will be my first build if i get the multi cal spikes lower is their only certain parts for the multi cals? the palmetto state armorry clasic lower build kit work? all i have to do is change the upper to fire different cals right?

I built up a lower with one. First, as soon as you get one, make sure EVERY little spring/roll pin, etc is accounted for prior to starting your build. My sealed kit was missing a roll pin or 2. Luckily, ACE had some that worked. PSA sent me replacements too. But nothing more frustrating than laying out all your work & not being able to finish!
I also polished the trigger using a simple online tutorial, and did a trigger spring & hammer spring job. End result is a much nicer than milspec trigger than my other AR's, and it still ignites any primer I've encountered.

As far as other firing other caliber uppers, that depends. There are many uppers that will pin to an AR lower, but you also may need different or modified magazines. Check out M4Carbine.net for a thread on the options out there. There is a caliber (300 Blackout) that even uses standard AR mags, just holds less rounds. But it can be spendy to shoot.

You have a Spike's lower, why not use a Spike's LPK to go in it? Your completed lower can shoot .223 or 5.56mm if you have the correctly chambers upper. It can also shoot 22LR if you have either a dedicated 22 upper or a conversion kit for a .223/5.56mm upper.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top