JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since you're going to have some nuts welded anyways, grab a length of angle iron and have that welded to the front. It acts like sloped armor and will deflect the bullet a little better.
It's funny you mention this- I'm considering doing just that- but only welding on small 4-6" lengths, just to cover the areas with nuts.

Geno

I'm not sure how much mild steel tube costs in the NW, but I'm betting it's gotta be cheaper than in spendy SoCal. The most labor intensive part of this project was fabbing the plates that hold the tubes together- I'm sure I could have a shop cut the plates with a water jet or laser, if I were going to make a kit to sell. But even the main tube that holds the chain and targets has to be drilled/tapped- I think if I were to do this again, I'd use .120" thick 1 1/4" tube, so I could just skip welding nuts onto it.

Geno

Geno, I admire your creativity and design. The perfectionist in you shines here.
Very, nicely done. But too elaborate for the purpose. ;)

Geno, I admire your creativity and design. The perfectionist in you shines here.
Very, nicely done. But too elaborate for the purpose. ;)
Thanks for the kind words. Admittedly, all the metal there will take a bullet- why I want to make it as simple, cheap and easy to fix too. I shoot .308 too, so the metal has to last long enough to take a few hits and still be functional.

Geno

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads