JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But it's okay to allow individuals whom the feds knew were criminals to purchase firearms in the U.S. and walk into Mexico without interference from the agents who knew they were criminals. I understand...yes, it all makes sense.

Some people will always try to push a good thing a bit too far, I believe this is just the BATFE's way of trying to rein things in a bit. They haven't shut ARES down, though now and then they may confiscate some parts they deem illegal. They're not saying we can't roll our own, just establishing some ground rules. You can still buy 80% receivers by the truckload if you want. You wanna make a hundred AR's for your own personal use, go ahead, but buy the machine to do it with and put it in your garage, run it yourself. If you want easy, spend fifty bucks on a serialized blem receiver and have a ball. Where's the gripe here?

Some people will always try to push a good thing a bit too far, I believe this is just the BATFE's way of trying to rein things in a bit. They haven't shut ARES down, though now and then they may confiscate some parts they deem illegal. They're not saying we can't roll our own, just establishing some ground rules. You can still buy 80% receivers by the truckload if you want. You wanna make a hundred AR's for your own personal use, go ahead, but buy the machine to do it with and put it in your garage, run it yourself. If you want easy, spend fifty bucks on a serialized blem receiver and have a ball. Where's the gripe here?

Not sure if trolling or just stupid. The BATF***ers are now trying to dictate how and with what we can finish said lowers. You don't see a problem with that? It doesn't matter what tools I use to finish the lower or who they belong to, the end result is the same. Also, this is ENTIRELY unenforceable.

The gripe is it is another little dig at our FREEDOM with no positive benefit for anyone. One more little step towards government control of everything.

Wow lol, that didn't take long. No, I'm no troll, and I'll leave the intelligence judgement up to others. I am often denigrated for trying to be the voice of common sense, it's nothing new to me. If you want to challenge the laws on constitutional grounds, take it up with the Supreme court. Aside from that, congress makes laws, and the BATFE does it's best to interpret and enforce them. Since they license manufacture for distribution and sale, and the law allows personal manufacture as long as you do not sell or otherwise transfer, there has to be a defined line somewhere between personal build and licensed manufacture. Believe it or not there may be a push by manufacturing companies to enforce these regulations as it cuts into their profits. It's my personal opinion that if you pay someone to do work on your firearm before it's finished, then you didn't build it. If you borrow your buddy's mill and he stands there and drinks beer and tells you you're doing it wrong, you built it. If he mills out the receiver for you, you didn't build it. Common sense. Whether it's enforceable or not is their problem, and has no bearing on the correctness or legality of the regulations. What you seem to be complaining about is that they're trying to make it less convenient for you? Just my impression.

Wow lol, that didn't take long. No, I'm no troll, and I'll leave the intelligence judgement up to others. I am often denigrated for trying to be the voice of common sense, it's nothing new to me. If you want to challenge the laws on constitutional grounds, take it up with the Supreme court. Aside from that, congress makes laws, and the BATFE does it's best to interpret and enforce them. Since they license manufacture for distribution and sale, and the law allows personal manufacture as long as you do not sell or otherwise transfer, there has to be a defined line somewhere between personal build and licensed manufacture. Believe it or not there may be a push by manufacturing companies to enforce these regulations as it cuts into their profits. It's my personal opinion that if you pay someone to do work on your firearm before it's finished, then you didn't build it. If you borrow your buddy's mill and he stands there and drinks beer and tells you you're doing it wrong, you built it. If he mills out the receiver for you, you didn't build it. Common sense. Whether it's enforceable or not is their problem, and has no bearing on the correctness or legality of the regulations. What you seem to be complaining about is that they're trying to make it less convenient for you? Just my impression.

Seems to me they are regulating the tools you are allowed to use. I have never seen any regulations like that before. How is it you can't pay to use tools, it's still you doing the work? They know you are not going to buy the machinery to build one or two guns yet they won't let you rent it for a legal purpose. Obvious they are trying to stop something perfectly legal by setting up new regulations. Pretty sure that is called Tyranny.o_O

The advantage is the gray area to them.

Anything that's not YOURS cannot be used to manufacture YOUR firearm.

Gray areas are intentional and benefit them and judges not hard working Americans.

I don't get that from the text, I think anything you can cart home is in the clear. YMMV

If you read the text of the ATI rule, if a business owns, exercises control or access to the machine equipment then they become manufacturers of the completed lower. Rent space in a machine shop? Now illegal. Are you farmer who owns your own mill? That's a business. Now illegal. Do you lease the space where your mill is from a business? Illegal to finish a lower there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top