JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cummins powered!

LPW_Media_1.jpg

Or this one, just less room for the family.

LPW_Green_Photo_Gallery.jpg

Please tell me what year that is so I can have! :)

The Power Wagons Rock!! But, they would get immediate attention where ever they go. The great thing about a beater in good running order is that a couple of rattle cans of paint and you can change its appearance in half an hour.

I agree with the attention, thats why mine is primer! No shine at all.. I just used those two pics a reference.

As for the rattle cans, we think alike sir!! Gimmie half hour and poof its a different truck, complete with pine needles in the paint!! lol

Thinking of making a bug out vehicle, any thoughts out there as to what would be good, and affordable, realistic, not best but good and what would you pute in it. Do you Have one if so feel free to post some pics. Would you give it a military paint job, or inconspicuous . Armor? Weapons? Food? Non puncture tires? diesel or gas? How would you equip a rig? How much spare fuel? What do you all think of this?

If you do, it better be an amphibious track vehicle, because there wont be an open road in the country. Or make it a couple good mules. And at some point they can even be eaten. :D

Become invisiable, if you stand our you become a possible target.
4x4, yes. diesel is my choice, I have lots of farm diesel and my Dodge 350 gets 22 mpg and has a 100 gallon transfere tank in the bed. We also have a ford 150 with gas motor. Factory dual long range tanks 46 gallons total. They both look like the farm trucks they are, no one will take a second look at eather one of them driving down the road.
Get something you or a friend can fix with a screw driver and a handfull on basic tools. No computer stuff.

I picked up a '86 K5 Blazer a couple weeks ago. That thing will be mildly outfitted with some stuff and remain inconspicuous looking. Got enough room for me, my gal, our guns/gear, food, other essentials. It was cheap. If I have to ditch it, I'm not out much money/resources.

Barring societal collapse, the most likely reason to bug out would be to flee a natural disaster like an earthquake, volcanic eruption, severe flooding or massive fires. If you have little children or a sizable family, try living out of most of the previously featured rigs for more than a few days (except for perhaps the banjo RV just above) and you'd see how impractical most of them would be. An older pickup with a large self-contained camper, a fifth wheel or a 30'+ Class A or Class C pulling a secondary vehicle would all be much better at getting your family to safety and keeping them there longer. Used RVs are quite affordable, especially in this economy.

Keith

Bought a ford expedition a few years back, didn't think much of it when I first bought it. Now I'm amazeed at how durable it is, had to perform a few tasks the previous owner neglected, but since then virtually nothing. After meeting a few other owners of them I learned they regularly go up to 300,000 miles before dropping dead.
Sure, it's not something I would enter in the Mint 400, but the 4wd works just fine and for practical uses functions well. Been cruising the Govt. auctions looking at small trailers to complete BOV purposes.

Plenty of room for everything I would want to take (with the trailer). BTW initial cost was under 2k, a set of off brand tires was $400. Picked up a few odds and ends at pick 'n pull for 100 bucks. the wife drives it every day to the train station, never misses a beat.

Bought a ford expedition a few years back, didn't think much of it when I first bought it. Now I'm amazeed at how durable it is, had to perform a few tasks the previous owner neglected, but since then virtually nothing. After meeting a few other owners of them I learned they regularly go up to 300,000 miles before dropping dead.
Sure, it's not something I would enter in the Mint 400, but the 4wd works just fine and for practical uses functions well. Been cruising the Govt. auctions looking at small trailers to complete BOV purposes.

Plenty of room for everything I would want to take (with the trailer). BTW initial cost was under 2k, a set of off brand tires was $400. Picked up a few odds and ends at pick 'n pull for 100 bucks. the wife drives it every day to the train station, never misses a beat.
I have one of those also. I bought it to tow the Mustang but I also drive it everyday to work. Only thing i have done to it this year is a new fan clutch and 1 coil pack I love this truck. And yes they are dirt cheap mine was 3k but had fairly low miles and is in great shape.
imag0005l.jpg

Barring societal collapse, the most likely reason to bug out would be to flee a natural disaster like an earthquake, volcanic eruption, severe flooding or massive fires. If you have little children or a sizable family, try living out of most of the previously featured rigs for more than a few days (except for perhaps the banjo RV just above) and you'd see how impractical most of them would be. An older pickup with a large self-contained camper, a fifth wheel or a 30'+ Class A or Class C pulling a secondary vehicle would all be much better at getting your family to safety and keeping them there longer. Used RVs are quite affordable, especially in this economy.

Keith

Exactly why I have a Motorhome... My BOV and BOL are the same! Wherever you go, you're at home!! Hard to beat having a 4kw generator, stove, oven, refrigerator, hot water, shower/tub, warm bed, furnace, toilet, etc.. all ready to be used.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top