JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.oregon.gov/odf/tillamookstateforest/pages/targetshooting.aspx

Apparently Browns Camp is once again closed. I have been planning a trip to the range for the past month or so, with the intent of introducing a couple coworkers to our spot. Neither of these individuals have shot before, and I figured that Brown's Camp, while far from ideal, would be a good spot to take them as it was well established and had some good distance. Now that it is closed, I am at a loss as to where I should take them. I have been on the lookout for something longer range, as most of my collection is set up for distance shooting.

I know this topic has been touched on before, but I am having on hell of a time finding any info out there. I have tried looking on Google Maps satellite view, but everywhere I check is either steep terrain, or lacking a good backstop. Anybody willing to share their closely guarded secret shooting spots? I promise, it's for a good cause. We won't leave a mess (something I don't miss about Brown's Camp).

I second this question. I recently bought a Savage 30.06 and wanted to go shooting. Beaver Dam Rock Pit/Browns Camp was the only place I knew of. Went last Christmas with some friends and their rifle and hauled out a bunch of trash but want to go again.

Oh ok. Ive always been curious about that spot.

Off the top of your head, can you recall what the longest stretch/distance WC has for shooting spots?

If you need a google map of some of the spots up there send me a PM. Browns camp is the longest range one out west that has been confirmed. Though there is a potential 500+ yard spot way up north of N fork wolf creek rd based on measurements I've done in google maps. I just have not had the chance to get up there to scout it out.

the red line is 1/2 mile (880 yards) the yellow is around 500 yards on the maps. going left to right there are no roads behind that ridge so the yellow line could end at a backstop. You would have to park at the top so it would be a couple hundred yard vertical hike. This is on public land
Untitled (1).png

The ones right on N fork Wolf creek are 120 yrds, 50 yrds and 75 yrds (where we did the clean up last spring).

If you need a google map of some of the spots up there send me a PM. Browns camp is the longest range one out west that has been confirmed. Though there is a potential 500+ yard spot way up north of N fork wolf creek rd based on measurements I've done in google maps. I just have not had the chance to get up there to scout it out.

the red line is 1/2 mile (880 yards) the yellow is around 500 yards on the maps. going left to right there are no roads behind that ridge so the yellow line could end at a backstop. You would have to park at the top so it would be a couple hundred yard vertical hike. This is on public land
View attachment 263911

The ones right on N fork Wolf creek are 120 yrds, 50 yrds and 75 yrds (where we did the clean up last spring).
Looks like I have some exploring to do. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top