JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.oregon.gov/odf/tillamookstateforest/pages/targetshooting.aspx

Apparently Browns Camp is once again closed. I have been planning a trip to the range for the past month or so, with the intent of introducing a couple coworkers to our spot. Neither of these individuals have shot before, and I figured that Brown's Camp, while far from ideal, would be a good spot to take them as it was well established and had some good distance. Now that it is closed, I am at a loss as to where I should take them. I have been on the lookout for something longer range, as most of my collection is set up for distance shooting.

I know this topic has been touched on before, but I am having on hell of a time finding any info out there. I have tried looking on Google Maps satellite view, but everywhere I check is either steep terrain, or lacking a good backstop. Anybody willing to share their closely guarded secret shooting spots? I promise, it's for a good cause. We won't leave a mess (something I don't miss about Brown's Camp).

I second this question. I recently bought a Savage 30.06 and wanted to go shooting. Beaver Dam Rock Pit/Browns Camp was the only place I knew of. Went last Christmas with some friends and their rifle and hauled out a bunch of trash but want to go again.

Oh ok. Ive always been curious about that spot.

Off the top of your head, can you recall what the longest stretch/distance WC has for shooting spots?

If you need a google map of some of the spots up there send me a PM. Browns camp is the longest range one out west that has been confirmed. Though there is a potential 500+ yard spot way up north of N fork wolf creek rd based on measurements I've done in google maps. I just have not had the chance to get up there to scout it out.

the red line is 1/2 mile (880 yards) the yellow is around 500 yards on the maps. going left to right there are no roads behind that ridge so the yellow line could end at a backstop. You would have to park at the top so it would be a couple hundred yard vertical hike. This is on public land
Untitled (1).png

The ones right on N fork Wolf creek are 120 yrds, 50 yrds and 75 yrds (where we did the clean up last spring).

If you need a google map of some of the spots up there send me a PM. Browns camp is the longest range one out west that has been confirmed. Though there is a potential 500+ yard spot way up north of N fork wolf creek rd based on measurements I've done in google maps. I just have not had the chance to get up there to scout it out.

the red line is 1/2 mile (880 yards) the yellow is around 500 yards on the maps. going left to right there are no roads behind that ridge so the yellow line could end at a backstop. You would have to park at the top so it would be a couple hundred yard vertical hike. This is on public land
View attachment 263911

The ones right on N fork Wolf creek are 120 yrds, 50 yrds and 75 yrds (where we did the clean up last spring).
Looks like I have some exploring to do. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads