JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm never going to catch up on my "wish list" if they keep coming up with new products... Although, technically this would make it easier to check the box on a classic M16/M16A1, even though it would be new production.

ar10.jpg
Kind of wish someone would make an AR-10 like the original in the pic above...

Kinda in appearance. The gas tube being above the barrel is meh, but forgivable considering the amount of heat there would be if it was underneath. Its the charging handle that they should have paid more attention to.

tumblr_m76ruxgv5N1r9khx4o1_1280.jpg
There would not be anything coming out of the back when you charge the rifle on the original (only image I could find of this perspective).

Kinda in appearance. The gas tube being above the barrel is meh, but forgivable considering the amount of heat there would be if it was underneath. Its the charging handle that they should have paid more attention to.

View attachment 429491
There would not be anything coming out of the back when you charge the rifle on the original (only image I could find of this perspective).
Ok, I missed that when I first watched the video.

i think those are cool!!!

i noticed that the shape of upper and lower receiver near the rear take down pin/receiver extension is does not appear to be DPMS style. dpms is more rounded than slanted like the examples they show.

i think those are cool!!!

i noticed that the shape of upper and lower receiver near the rear take down pin/receiver extension is does not appear to be DPMS style. dpms is more rounded than slanted like the examples they show.
The slant is a hallmark of the Armalite design.
Mega uses it too and some others....I like it.

It was carried over to the "current" Armalite
armalite-ar10-stripped-lower-upper-set.jpg

Mega
M308-0904-HA-4.jpg

View attachment 429491
They would have had to add too much special tooling to word-for-word recreate the AR10 and hit the price point that they wanted.
They arrived at middle ground and it looks good for $1599 retail.

Cost-saving measures that I can see....

1) FSB
They used the M16/AR15 FSB instead of tooling up for a copy of the authentic.
This is the first thing I noticed.

2) Using an AR15 FSB gets you into the standard "tube on top" design

3) Looks like they reworked the standard rifle configuration handguard with its common attachment method.

4) Buttstock looks like standard A2

Not sure what commonality features that the receiver set has, but it looks like there put most of their design money there.

You're forgetting the upper receiver having been cut out in the rear for a charging handle (you can see this in the video when they pull back the charging handle). The only difference in the upper receiver of this and a regular carry handle upper receiver is they cut it out to put a charging handle on top.

You're forgetting the upper receiver having been cut out in the rear for a charging handle (you can see this in the video when they pull back the charging handle). The only difference in the upper receiver of this and a regular carry handle upper receiver is they cut it out to put a charging handle on top.
No, I'm not forgetting it.
If they were able to convert an off-the-shelf receiver set, then another victory for them in hitting their price point.

Nope.
According to their propaganda sheet, the receiver set is machined from billet which suggests a unique design, not off-the-shelf.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads