JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To buy this right now I would have to take a chunk out of my 401k and the penalties associated with it
I would love to purchase that rifle but I cannot justify it.

Well there's one person on the Forum that I'll NEVER consider having any dealings with.

I WANT IT, I WANT IT, I WANT IT!!! But, now that I can have it the way I want it, I can't afford it!:mad::mad::mad:

In the 80's we used to buy those Interarms Mk X actions to build on. They were stout and cheap and you could order them through Shotgun News. I knew an armorer in the guard who would put them together for us with Douglas barrels and Fajen stocks. I built a .223 with the mini Mauser action, awesome little shooter. They are strong actions and can take a good wallup. The armorer built a .510 Simpson on one, trying to get 3000 fps w/a 500 gn bullet, he managed to get into the mid 2900's w/a duplex load. The gun was only shot 10 times, the armorer, who shot a 460 Weatherby a lot would not shoot it, my cousin was the one who actually did the shooting. I always thought they were a a great way to get a quality rifle at a good price w/some custom features depending no how they were put together. I had a 30-06, .243, 300 Win mag and the .223 all built on those actions. The 300 was, at the time, the tightest shooter I had, a 168 gn BT would shoot in the .3's all day long @ 100 yds.

The price on something like that is all up to the buyer. The seller needs to market it in such a way as to hi-lite the virtues of the rifle, still the market for an unknown custom is very small, especially in a wildcat cartridge. It's also in the 'vintage' realm which probably means it's appreciation will be most apparent to a 'vintage' buyer.

When I did sell my Mk X guns, I knew what they were and marketed them below similar domestics even though they were a better gun IMO. W/out a name it's a complete unknown to the buyer.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top