JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a question, not sure if this it the right place to ask but does any know the value of this 35 Brown Whelen Mark X Alexandria Inter arms Virginia Zastava Yugoslavia? This is what is on the barrel and action. IMG_20180105_112945524.jpg IMG_20180105_113009526.jpg

$400-$500.

Oddball wildcat caliber will be a limiting factor. .35 brown Whelen is a .35 Whelen case that moves the shoulders forward and increases case capacity similar to what an Ackley Improved casing does by changing shoulder angles.

Hate to step on the Bear's toes, but the Loopy scope on top puts the value quite higher (If included.) The action is quite desirable, as this is from the factory before it was destroyed in the Yugoslavian war. (Factory has since been rebuilt, but finish on the newer guns not what these were.) "Oddball Wildcat" might be an accurate reference to the cartridge, but if such moniker is chosen to be assigned, it should follow with "extremely simple and very impressive wildcat".

With the scope, and to anyone wanting a Class A elk thumper (and with dies: Oswald's nemesis is right to ask), this is easily a $650-700 rig.

Hate to step on the Bear's toes, but the Loopy scope on top puts the value quite higher (If included.) The action is quite desirable, as this is from the factory before it was destroyed in the Yugoslavian war. (Factory has since been rebuilt, but finish on the newer guns not what these were.) "Oddball Wildcat" might be an accurate reference to the cartridge, but if such moniker is chosen to be assigned, it should follow with "extremely simple and very impressive wildcat".

With the scope, and to anyone wanting a Class A elk thumper (and with dies: Oswald's nemesis is right to ask), this is easily a $650-700 rig.
Agree if the rifle comes with scope, dies and brass or ammo then it worth $650-700

The sad part about custom rifles like this is that it would cost s lot more than 700$ to put together a rifle like this today unless you built it yourself and it would be tight then. I quit having custom rifles built for this reason. This is the way to buy a rifle today even at 700$.
Rifle by itself is about 400$
To rebarrel and reblue cost me 500 last time
The scope is at least 200 used 300 new
The mounts add another 50
Custom dies are at least 150 probably closer to 200
Add it up that's a lot of money yet used wildcat rifles are not that sought after. The rifle cimbination unless you find some one looling for exactly what you have is not going to bring anywhere near what it cost to make it. I would love to have a rifle like this but reality keeps getting in The way of having fun
Good luck if you decide to sell it.

Thank you for the help

Ken

It is all in the eye of the beholder as far as value goes. It is worth what someone is willing to pay for it and not a cent more.

If I saw this priced at $400 I would definitely give it a look, but at $650 - $700 I would probably think your price was ridiculous and keep moving on. That's just me though.

EDIT.

Sorry I just realized that this was a classified ad with an item for sale. I don't usually post on these unless I have a question or something about the item for sale. Please accept my apologies for posting the above statement.

Also, you need to have a price listed on items for sale in the classifieds.

It is all in the eye of the beholder as far as value goes. It is worth what someone is willing to pay for it and not a cent more.

If I saw this priced at $400 I would definitely give it a look, but at $650 - $700 I would probably think your price was ridiculous and keep moving on. That's just me though.

EDIT.

Sorry I just realized that this was a classified ad with an item for sale. I don't usually post on these unless I have a question or something about the item for sale. Please accept my apologies for posting the above statement.

Also, you need to have a price listed on items for sale in the classifieds.
No problem, I was asking if anyone knew what it was worth that's why there was no $ just a question.

Ken

I expect the VX-III were it included would increase the value. But I still wouldn't go above $600.

Yes, it costs more than that to build it. But it was built to a specific persons tastes in a very eclectic caliber. That is not saying the caliber is bad. It just means someone HAS to be a reloader to buy this. That limits the market.

Without the scope, I still stand by my assessment of $400-$500. With the scope, it might be at $600. If you found the absolute right person or were patient, you might get more than that. Honesty, at that price, I would look at the sum of the parts because I would strip it and sell the parts. I reload, but not enough to warrant that kind of wildcat.

All that being said, it's still a beautiful rifle.

Thread moved to Bolt Action discussions. If you decide you want to sell it, please create a classified ad and include a price per forum rules.

I expect the VX-III were it included would increase the value. But I still wouldn't go above $600.

Yes, it costs more than that to build it. But it was built to a specific persons tastes in a very eclectic caliber. That is not saying the caliber is bad. It just means someone HAS to be a reloader to buy this. That limits the market.

Without the scope, I still stand by my assessment of $400-$500. With the scope, it might be at $600. If you found the absolute right person or were patient, you might get more than that. Honesty, at that price, I would look at the sum of the parts because I would strip it and sell the parts. I reload, but not enough to warrant that kind of wildcat.

All that being said, it's still a beautiful rifle.
Thank you for your input.

Rifle, Scope, dies, ammo? makes this a $1,000-1,200 in my opinion. The caliber isn't going to take anything away from the value. But, I wouldn't post it on this Forum. I'd put it up on one of the Auction Sites like GunBroker.com. :):):)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top