JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It would be wasted words up there. That's been proven already. We can only hope someone see's the light there, but can't make the horse drink. Just watching the sad sizzle.......................
I never expected to see people in a place like Connecticut have more spine than people in the PNW. Still amazed at that one. Suggest it here and all the compromisers are all over it like flies on a manure pile.
So just an observer :)
Oh with a firecracker toss occasionally................. LOL
Ahh hell Getting too old to give a damn anymore what others do.
I know what I would do so that will hold me.

The next fight is in Salem on Monday, I'll be going to that rally too & I live near Olympia, Wa.
Time to circle the wagons folks, were ever they may be.

We cannot express the gratitude for your support.
I wish more Oregonians would have that commitment.
Thank you for your support Jim.

Just remember what Joan of Arc got for her efforts... couldn't have a teenage girl be more "man" than the King of England, so they made a human torch of her at one of those bonfire-parties Dark Ages Catholics liked so much.

Yeah, but she riled up the peasants, and the BIG difference is she didn't have capable compatriots with AR's and AK's watching her back. ;)

And the next chapter unfolds:

I-594 sponsors file motion to intervene in SAF federal lawsuit

Backers of Initiative 594, the 18-page gun control measure passed by voters last fall that is now subject of a federal lawsuit filed by the Second Amendment Foundation, today filed a motion to intervene in the case as defendants.

ATTORNEY GENERAL BOB FERGUSON ISSUES BREAKING PRESS RELEASE

A leading group of citizen from the Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility (WAGR), and Everytown for Gun Safety have filed a motion to intervene in the lawsuit and provide a full defense against the "bitter clingers" who want to to provide easy access to military "assault", weapons designed to mow down innocent school children.

The attempted intervention does not imply that WAGR and Everytown lacks confidence in the crack "A" and "B" teams of attorneys employed by the state. Also, the public should not be concerned that the Attorney General's office currently has all of its attorneys focused on Public Enemy #1, which is a 70 year old grandmother armed with flowers and a Bible: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015...-consider-this-grandmother-public-enemy-no-1/

Instead, the public should know that the Attorney General's office is committed to continuing to stonewall the Court and the public on providing interpretations on what I-594 means, and how it should be enforced.

Documents are attached to this press release.

Attachments

• 2015-02-23_dumbo_motion_to_intervene.pdf
    709.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 2015-02-23_dumbo_declaration.pdf
    208.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 2015-02-23_dumbo_proposed_order.pdf
    177.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 2015-02-23_zsilk_declaration.pdf
    251.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 2015-02-23_poane_declaration.pdf
    203 KB · Views: 119
  • 2015-02-23_wagr_disclosure.pdf
    148.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 2015-02-23_everytown_disclosure.pdf
    151.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 2015-02-23_dumbo_answer.pdf
    775.7 KB · Views: 150
Lovely little tidbits in there...

"Everytown for I-594 was formed in July 2014 by Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund, the nation's largest gun violence prevention organization, which fights for public safety measures that both respect the Second Amendment and improve public safety."

"..........................was formed......to help pass I-594 and save lives by requiring all Washingtonians to undergo the same background check when buying a gun."

;)D(St)umbo's declaration; "I have dedicated myself to preventing gun violence....particularly with respect to closing the background check loophole. I worked with WAGR and Everytown for I-594....to have the Legislator approve I-594, including presenting testimony to the Legislator on the importance of closing the background check loophole"

I'm guessing Stumbo got a little too much lead poisoning to clearly understand that this legislation she worked so hard to help pass is MUCH more than BGCs...did SHE even read it???o_O
How on earth does forbidding firearms safety instructions help with background checks?
How does forbidding a father and son from sharing a firearm during a hunter's safety course help with background checks?
How does forbidding sharing a firearm while hunting/shooting help with background checks?
How does forbidding security companies from allowing their employees to use the company firearms help with background checks?
How does forbidding decent, law abiding citizens from engaging in normal activities related to firearms, their use, their maintenance, their repair, their purchase help keep firearms out of the hands of criminals, OR in any way "respect the Second Amendment"?

SMH.................:mad::s0118:
Idiots, all of them. Does Stumbo really think people like that crazy fella who shot her is going to give a passing thought to what laws they are breaking as they carry on about their business?

ARGH!

Lovely little tidbits in there...
... SMH.................:mad::s0118:
Idiots, all of them. Does Stumbo really think people like that crazy fella who shot her is going to give a passing thought to what laws they are breaking as they carry on about their business?

ARGH!

Useful_Idiots1386185639.jpg

That "crazy fella who shot her" did pass the exact same NICS background check that she is now imposing on all transfers of any kind...

I have yet to see her (or WAGR) promoting anything that would ensure that another Haq would get the MH care needed, since the BC and the court's MH record reporting has proven themselves to be ineffective.

File this under "know your enemy": http://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/op-ed-a-call-for-responsible-gun-ownership/

" ...Lawmakers should require trigger locks, gun safes and liability insurance for all gun owners. They should also require universal background checks for buyers and close the private-sale and gun-show loopholes. Enforcing and prosecuting violations would make it difficult for criminals and mentally ill individuals to get guns, and it would reduce the availability of illegally obtained guns.

I believe we must also address the lethality of ammunition. It's not simply about high-capacity clips and drums. The debate over ammunition should also include the types of bullets we let gun owners buy and use. It's possible my co-worker Pamela could have survived had she not been shot in the head with a hollow-point bullet....Had I been shot with a non-hollow-point bullet, perhaps I might have only had to endure 10 surgeries,.." -- Cheryl Stumbo

Sounds like that bullet the guy used on stumbo had a bit of stupid rubbed in.

Anyone that has been a mass shooter has been proven to be a bit off also known as mentally ill .

Boy howdy! If we only had a law that made it illegal to kill somebody, then we wouldn't need these silly background checks because people would know it was wrong to kill and they'd never do it again.

Wait a minute…

See the document

Do you notice anything odd about this?

"Everytown for I-594 engaged Washington residents by knocking on doors and making thousands of phone calls; in the final three weeks of the campaign alone, the committee supported more than 300 volunteer shifts, and generated more than 15,000 total canvassing attempts, including phone calls and door knocks.

I declare under penalty of perjury of the laws of the State of Washington that the foregoing is true and correct

DATED this 20 day of February, 2015 signed in New York, New York
[Illegible doctor's prescription style scrible]
Tara Paone".

How would someone based in New York knock on doors in Washington? If the person in New York did not personally knock on doors, how would this person know for certain that people who are allegedly members of this organization go around knocking on doors?

If I had the ability to whisper in SAF's ear, I would suggest that they not oppose Everytown's entry into this case, and use their entry to put the organization under the microscope. I think Tara Paone needs to receive a notice to appear for deposition, along with a request to start producing business records about those alleged thousands of door knocks, organization charts, and financial records.

Last Edited:
See the document

Do you notice anything odd about this?

How would someone based in New York knock on doors in Washington? If the person in New York did not personally knock on doors, how would this person know for certain that people who are allegedly members of this organization go around knocking on doors?

If I had the ability to whisper in SAF's ear, I would suggest that they not oppose Everytown's entry into this case, and use their entry to put the organization under the microscope. I think Tara Paone needs to receive a notice to appear for deposition, along with a request to start producing business records about those alleged thousands of door knocks, organization charts, and financial records.

Brent, I think what's being said in her affidavit was that I-594 volunteers did the door knocking, not herself specifically. But I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, so we don't get too far out in the weeds.

Thanks for reading Examiner, and for your interesting observations.

MEANWHILE....

Left's hypocrisy shows in move by I-594 backers to join lawsuit

Readers of today's Seattle Times coverage of yesterday's motion by backers of Initiative 594 to intervene as defendants in a federal lawsuit challenging the measure are exchanging barbs but one remark brings attention to the left's hypocrisy about legal action to overturn a voter-passed measure.

<broken link removed>

"If the court allows them to intervene," he added, "we will not only have to spend our limited funds against an unlimited Washington Attorney General's budget but also a half dozen billionaires who have bankrolled WAGR."

Some innocent and well meaning "high minded" folks would be shocked when told that a common tactic in the legal system is to bankrupt the other side by running up their legal bills. There's already information in this thread on previous pages on how to deal with this.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...-challenges-i-594.186961/page-10#post-1215714

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...t-challenges-i-594.186961/page-9#post-1210983

Yesterday the attorneys for the Bob Ferguson filed a Motion to Dismiss (attached). In a nutshell, the attorneys claim that the complaint should be dismissed because:

1) Voters really love I-594, so don't take away their toy.

2) The State of Washington doesn't actually enforce I-594, so how could anyone possibly suspect it might be unconstitutional?

3) The plaintiffs are pre-emptively refraining from performing the transfers that violate I-594, so there isn't really any problem that needs to be addressed.

Further, the attorneys for Bob Ferguson request that the Attorney General and Chief of the Washington State Patrol should be allowed to get out of the lawsuit as defendants (because they don't want to be in it).

MY ANALYSIS -- The final maneuver to get the Attorney General and Chief of WSP out of the lawsuit, combined with billionaires attempt to replace them as defendants, is a carefully orchestrated attempt to:

1) Allow Bob Ferguson to publicly blame the billionaires' attorneys for eventually losing the lawsuit.

2) Deflect attention from Bob Ferguson's strategy of stonewalling the public on how to interpret I-594.

3) Prevent an injunction from being enforced against HIMSELF and the WSP. Since the State officials would no longer be defendants, only the billionaires would be subject to an eventualy injunction. This would brilliantly allow the Attorney General and WSP to legally start enforcing I-594 at some point in the future. The billionaires would be prevented from sending goons to kick in doors, but the state would be able to legally do it.

If this doesn't make you angry, there would be something wrong with you. Just because lawyers regularly engage in deceit and subterfuge in attempts to pervert justice, doesn't mean that this should be socially acceptable!

Have you contacted you State Representative and Senator to demand that the Attorney General's Office's budget be adjusted downward? If not, you can do it today using this tool to find your Representative and Senator: http://app.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/

On the other hand, if you admire the work of the attorneys that wrote this stuff, you should let them know personally how much you enjoyed reading their motion.

R. July Simpson
[email protected]
(360)534-4850

Noah G. Purcell
[email protected]
(360)753-2536

Rebecca R. Glasgow
[email protected]
(360)664-3027

Jeffrey T. Even
[email protected]
(360)586-0728