JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Detectors at the exit alarmed when he was leaving, with the two Noveske AR's hidden under a long coat he was carrying folded under his arm. Now who has a big coat with them in the heat of summer? Anyway, he still managed to escape, as he ran out the store with the two Noveskes, and got away. The two rifles were used guns, and had been on display in the store's GUN LIBRARY, where rare and expensive used arms are put on display.

However, the story gets even worse. A review of security camera footage from the store caught him stealing two other rifles, one each on two other occasions, totally undetected. He stole a Century Arms assault rifle, valued at $1,000, on June 23; and also a Lantac Raven assault rifle, valued at $2,500, on June 17. All were stolen from the GUN LIBRARY area, where no store staff are stationed.

Here are photos from the Springfield Police Department of the stolen rifles. Anyone that spots these guns being offered for sale is asked to call Detective Tony Delcastillo at Springfield Police at 541-726-3721.

19477729_1563300100378787_7526399741302326392_o.jpg

Here is a photo taken from security camera footage, showing how the thief made off with the rifles hidden under a coat:

19511479_1563300010378796_2615577820474407887_n.jpg

Here are some news reports, with more detailed info about these gun thefts.

I wonder if Cabela's will review their store's security precautions and procedures?

Police looking for man suspected of stealing four assault rifles from Springfield Cabela's

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
One has to wonder if the thief was assisted by someone inside the store.

Have you been in the GUN LIBRARY? It is like walking into a room with ordinary glass gun cabinets all around you. There is no staff on duty in the room.

One can only wonder how hard it was to defeat the locks on the cabinets. I suppose that if a store employee provided a key, then that would have made the job super easy.

photo-17.jpg

This Cabelas has several perimeter racks in the gun room that are not behind glass. Most of the used AR's are not locked behind the glass. Only security for the non locked guns is security cables with alarms. I have been in this gun room probably 50-60 times and a good portion of those not a single employee "guarding".
I hope they catch the thieving piece of shizzel and recover the firearms.
Unfortunately this will lead to further inconvenience for us law abiding citizens and more fodder for the anti gunners who are already going after Cabelas with demands they lose there FFL

Do they just see guns as money? And forget that they are guns? :rolleyes:

You know you shouldn't leave guns laying around.
I would probably go to jail for being that negligent with a deadly weapon.

There just lucky the guy didn't come in with a vest full of 30 round magazines.
And shoot up the store! o_O

Last Edited:
Do they just see guns as money? And forget that they are guns? :rolleyes:

You know you shouldn't leave guns laying around.
I would probably go to jail for being that negligent with a deadly weapon.

There just lucky the guy didn't come in with a vest full of 30 round magazines.
And shoot up the store! o_O
I personally would remove all the bolts or at least the firing pins in order to make them inoperable

One has to wonder if the thief was assisted by someone inside the store.
Yea - they better figure out what happened pretty quickly or more 'fuel for the fire'
A review of security camera footage from the store caught him stealing two other rifles, one each on two other occasions, totally undetected. He stole a Century Arms assault rifle, valued at $1,000, on June 23; and also a Lantac Raven assault rifle, valued at $2,500, on June 17. All were stolen from the GUN LIBRARY area, where no store staff are stationed.
Just saw this - time to either staff the 'Gun Library' or limit access.

Wait...are we to believe the criminal did not subject himself to a BGC prior to stealing those guns. Phloyed and Penney said this wouldnt happen

How does A BGC apply? This is 'shoplifting' - BAD on Cabela's
Are you saying criminal shoplifters don't stop in the commission of their crime and say, oops...wait a minute, the law says I need to do a BGC?

I thought Phloyde, Ginny and Penny said SB941 would prevent guns from falling into the wrong hands? :confused:

What is possibly thinking he is going to do with them? Part them out? Keep them? Sell them? I have a feeling this fool will end up spending quite a bit of time in the penile system :)

Are you saying criminal shoplifters don't stop in the commission of their crime and say, oops...wait a minute, the law says I need to do a BGC?
I am not saying ANYTHING to this effect - THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A BGC - so why dwell on it ? It is a case of SHOPLIFITNG - Why convolute it into something it is not?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top