JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hard to believe there are not some sort of security alarm devices on them that would beep on the way out the front door . . . which prompt an on the spot search.
There actually are alarm devices, that is how they were alerted. He used the coat to muffle the sound. A mall shop owner heard the faint beeping and alerted Cabelas staff. However it was to late at that point.

There actually are alarm devices, that is how they were alerted. He used the coat to muffle the sound. A mall shop owner heard the faint beeping and alerted Cabelas staff. However it was to late at that point.
Local alarm (on the product).
Surprised they don't have a "system" alarm as well.
Maybe they did and it wasn't being monitored ?

How many times have you heard the shoplifting alarm go off at Lowes or Home Depot and the employee's either wave you out the door or not even respond because it's set off so frequently.

when Cabela's first opened in Sydney. To even get in that room was an act of God. almost as if you had to pony up $ 5000 cash to view the gun, along with wearing a brand new 3 piece suit, white gloves and booties. I was in the Springfield store that day. After the great heist , let me tell you, There a few emplyee's hanging , with very worried looks on the faces. The others where busy jacking up the prices tags on used guns.
as in $617 for a beat sks. The wasn't a used pump 22 priced under $900

when Cabela's first opened in Sydney. To even get in that room was an act of God. almost as if you had to pony up $ 5000 cash to view the gun, along with wearing a brand new 3 piece suit, white gloves and booties. I was in the Springfield store that day. After the great heist , let me tell you, There a few emplyee's hanging , with very worried looks on the faces. The others where busy jacking up the prices tags on used guns.
as in $617 for a beat sks. The wasn't a used pump 22 priced under $900

gotta make up for lost revenue some where! :mad:

A person ]Safeway Manager[ I have known for many years stopped a thief that was holding up a Safeway store in Coos Bay, Or. he successfully stopped the thief, retained the money and the criminal until police arrived. Several days afterword he was terminated for failure to follow company policy.

A young man working at a CVS in Brookline MA had his throat slit chasing a shoplifter out on the street. The shoplifter had stolen toothpaste if I recall correctly.

The CVS was between Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Brigham & Womens hospital. Both excellent trauma centers.

Literally under a minute to walk to either ER, with Boston EMS substations at both. He never had a chance.

Property, nope. Life, yup*.

*You damned well better be sure what your getting into, whom all the actors are, and in short is it the wiser choice to observe and report.

Absolutely agree. I won't risk my life over property, especially someone else's property.

It's frustrating though. Thieves know most people understand it's not worth the risk to stop them, and count on that to get away with it. I have a very low opinion of thieves.

"Felon in Possession of a Firearm"....again, d00shbag Phloyd promised SB941 would stop this.

member_photo.jpg

Last Edited:
Good.

Our judicial system will probably let him roam free on his own recognizance though, or something equally as whacked out. He was just hoping to make some art out of them or some such...

He has three past criminal convictions for burglary, criminal mischief, and felony Heroin possession. So it turns out that he is indeed a drug addict.

The arrest for felony drug possession was just last year. However, the court in Eugene showed him leniency, and he was released on probation for that crime.

So besides these new criminal charges, he is also facing a parole violation as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top