JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here buy from ammoandextras.com? I have found his prices to be very reasonable. He now has some brass cased stuff from 'Brass Tac.' His site says its loaded by a class 3 dealer using LC brass.

Has anyone used this ammo? Specifically, the 223 stuff? Anyone chrono it to see if its up to snuff?

Thanks,
Jdub

Funny you should ask. I was wondering the same thing and have been trying to buy some ammo from him for the past 2 weeks. In email/phone he's always been polite and helpful but on two occasions now I have tried to make arrangements to buy/pick up some ammo but the plans keep falling through. So...that's a bit annoying. Now that my new AR-15 is available to be picked up I will try a 3rd time to purchase ammo, we'll see how it goes.

He prolly works a 'regular' job, as I doubt he could make a living selling the few items he does...but keep me posted on how it goes & what you think. He has some 62 & 64 grain stuff at a real decent price.

Got this info today from Bryce from Ammoandextras.com on the FPS:

The 62 grain HP is 3050 fps
the 64 grain TAP is 3050 fps
the 52 grain is 3250 fps
the 55 grain is 3200 fps

He was at the Canby show & I picked up some 55gr fmj & the 62 gr SP stuff. It is the ammo from www.tacticalammunition.com out of St. Helens. It appears to be decent stuff. Brass is LC 2003-2008.
I'm going to try to get out this week to see if it shoots clean.
Oh, it comes in a 50cal ammo can too.

Thanks for the update. Hope it is good stuff. Seems like my only good time to meet up with him is the weekends and he's always at shows...oh well...

Let us know how it shoots! :s0155:

I finally got out for a bit yesterday & fired some of the 223 in 55gr FMJ & 62gr SP. I only went thru 60 rounds of each, but all functioned perfectly. I was sighting in my unmagnified aimpoint at about 35 yards & kept about a 6" group using a stump as a rest--so not a very good test as far as accuracy goes. I plan on putting a multi power scope on my 16" upper soon, & move the aimpoint to my 10" upper. I'd say so far so good, esp for the price.

I haven't cleaned the rifle yet to see how dirty it is compared to say, Wolf.

On a totally unrelated note, my freind was shooting my M&P using some ancient factory ammo I picked up from who knows where. I happened to be standing next to him while he was shooting, and heard a little, funky sounding 'pop'--barely audible w/ my plugs in. He went to re-rack the slide to put another round in the chamber when I realized what had happened. Luckily, I stopped him in time from firing the next round...the last round had lodged in the barell....
I will never walk away from freinds/family that are not experienced shooters while shooting my stuff! He could have been seriously injured.

Great catch! That could have been major bad.

Im meeting up with Bryce Tuesday night. I figure I cant go wrong for the price. Im gonna start with 500 and try em out.
Thanks for the reply.

I got out again & fired about 70 more rounds of the 55gr FMJ & the 62 gr sp out of my 10.5" LWRC SBR. I sighted in my unmagnified Aimpoint H1 finally & logged the results w/ about 5 or 6 types of ammo. I sighted in at 25 yards & ran 8 or 9 sets of 3 shots each.
After getting things dialed in, I was getting pretty decent groups w/ the FMJ reloads. about 1" at 25 yds, using a fallen fir tree & my mag as the bench. I don't know if it was luck or what, but the 55gr reloads were the best groupings!
I only did 2 sets of 3 round each w/ the 55gr reloads, so this is in no way scientific. I was also using PMC, 60 gr TAP HP's, 55 gr fmj Wolf and the 62gr reloads from Brass Tac...
At 50 yards, things were pretty predictable (about 2" or so high from center). I ran out of time to do more than 4 sets of 3 shots at 50 yards tho.
Then, I had some fun doing 2 and 3 shot drills at 10, 25 & 50 yards. No issues at all w/ the reloads here, either under rapid fire.I do know I need a better muzzle device than the standard A2...

Any updated info anyone have to share? I have forgot to grab some of this ammo from my stash the past few times I've gone out.

I've shot about 5 cans (1000 rnd each) total of 55gr and 62gr. I usually buy directly from Heller Enterprises in St Helens OR. Decently accurate. If I use sandbags I can get 3 inch 30 round groups with a 4X ACOG at 100 yards.

Average 1 FTF per session of 180 rounds I'd say.

Heller Enterprises raised their prices so Bryce stopped selling the stuff. Given the recent price drop in 5.56 the incentive to drive to St Helens to pick more up is completely gone.

Thats odd they raised prices.
I guess I won't be buying any more then, as I can get PMC now for about what I was paying for this stuff back in Jan-Feb (.29c a round) and other reloads locally for about .20c or so a round.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top