JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its not an a2, its a DPMS proprietary thing. Theres actually clawlike things off the back end... They have that whole panther thing going on. I'm going to memaloose in the morning, so I'll try to grab a picture.

Right, 2 pieces of business. First up, the DPMS stock, then a range report on the mosin.

These are the spikes/serrations on the stock that I was talking about. They used to leave striped bruises or red marks on my shoulder. That doesn't happen any more, and I think its because I was pulling the gun into my shoulder too tightly.

And the Mosin range report. I don't really have much of one now... The gun kicks like a mule, but everyone already knew that. The bolt is smooth, and much easier to operate than many Mosin bolts I've seen. It doesn't require a hammer or a 2X4, anyway. The trigger is nicer than my AR, but that isn't really saying much. Don't fire the thing without ear protection. Its just not fun.
Oh, and the sights are off. It consistently hits about a foot high and right.

I don't think you were getting bruised. I think the blood was just rushing back in from where your death-grip on the rifle had squeezed it out!

That pattern doesn't look as aggressive as the diamonds on an A2. Similar to the aftermarket pads for the mini-14, 10-22 etc.

The windage is probably off on the Mosin but I wonder if the elevation has to do with the battle doctrine when it was made. They tended to regulate the sights for long ranges. My 03A3 shoots 6 inches high at 100yds, as the sights were set so you could hold on a soldier's chest and expect a hit at any range somewhere between the head and the nads.

I don't think you were getting bruised. I think the blood was just rushing back in from where your death-grip on the rifle had squeezed it out!

That pattern doesn't look as aggressive as the diamonds on an A2. Similar to the aftermarket pads for the mini-14, 10-22 etc.

The windage is probably off on the Mosin but I wonder if the elevation has to do with the battle doctrine when it was made. They tended to regulate the sights for long ranges. My 03A3 shoots 6 inches high at 100yds, as the sights were set so you could hold on a soldier's chest and expect a hit at any range somewhere between the head and the nads.

Probably right on both counts. The windage mighta gotten messed up when I was screwing around with the bayonet... It really didn't want to come off.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top