JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a barrel from the classifieds here. The guy I bought it from got it from a used home build upper be bough and the parts were mismatch. Quality brands but still mismatch. Price was good regardless of brand. I'm using it regardless but am wondering if anyone knows what the brand is since it's not stamped on the barrel. I'm fairly sure it's chrome lined but am not 100% sure on that. Picture below.

Thanks.

IMG_3125.jpeg IMG_3126.jpeg IMG_3127.jpeg

Unknown.
But it does say 223 wyld.
Witch means it can shoot 5.56 or 223.
1/8 is the twist.
Average.
Most AR barrels are 1/7 1/8 .

The markings are hand stamped, which narrows down the barrel makers significantly -- nothing like @arakboss' Bear Creek example.
IIRC, the last hand stamped AR barrel I had (and still shoot) was Bison Arms -- but it also had their logo marking.
Most AR barrels I have appear to be roll stamped, some are micro engraved, and a few are laser engraved. i believe PSA etches theirs.
In contrast, almost all the bolt rifle barrels I have are engraved markings.

The markings are hand stamped, which narrows down the barrel makers significantly -- nothing like @arakboss' Bear Creek example.
IIRC, the last hand stamped AR barrel I had (and still shoot) was Bison Arms -- but it also had their logo marking.
Most AR barrels I have appear to be roll stamped, some are micro engraved, and a few are laser engraved. i believe PSA etches theirs.
In contrast, almost all the bolt rifle barrels I have are engraved markings.
BCA's stamping wasn't always as neat as current stamps are. Here is older stamping. Same format though.

Screenshot_20230509_021427_Chrome.jpg

Last Edited:
I bought a barrel from the classifieds here. The guy I bought it from got it from a used home build upper be bough and the parts were mismatch. Quality brands but still mismatch. Price was good regardless of brand. I'm using it regardless but am wondering if anyone knows what the brand is since it's not stamped on the barrel. I'm fairly sure it's chrome lined but am not 100% sure on that. Picture below.

Thanks.

View attachment 1417943 View attachment 1417944 View attachment 1417945
Can you post picture of muzzle end and of chamber end.

That is a no name barrel with a Stormy Daniels sized gas port, that thing is big enough I thought it was a dimple at first glance. FYI, those that are proud of the barrel will include their name and/or logo on it. (my bet is there is no dimple either)

Can you post picture of muzzle end and of chamber end.
I already mounted it. I will try and get pictures through the receiver and muzzle brake. I will try to get good pictures of the bore also.

@titsonritz - correct, no dimpling.

I found 2 other places that have similar stampings. Both were SS barrels but the markings are very similar (the black barrels on the websites were to dark to see the markings).

One is Battle Creek Armory.

IMG_3128.png

I can't find the other one right now but the markings were very similar. Stamped and 98% identical.

However, what I'm thinking: there are a number of wholesale barrel manufacturers that sell to resellers/retailers and firearms manufacturers who don't have the capacity to roll their own barrels. Because they are wholesale they don't mark their names. I'm starting to think it might be one of this manufactures. There are at least 23 of those that I found in the US so if that's the case I doubt I will be able to figure out who made it.

I will just have to shoot it and hope it's half decent. I'm only using it for 25 to 50 yards so I'm sure it will be fine.

BCA's stamping wasn't always as neat as current stamps are. Here is older stamping. Same format though.

View attachment 1419401
What makes me think it's not BCA; The finish on my barrel is much better quality. I know because I have a 16" BCA barrel and it looks similar to that picture. Unless they have some higher finish barrels.

Do they make their barrels in house?

What makes me think it's not BCA; The finish on my barrel is much better quality. I know because I have a 16" BCA barrel and it looks similar to that picture. Unless they have some higher finish barrels.

Do they make their barrels in house?
They do nake them in house and they make them for a bunch of other companies.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews