JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I saw a post were someone made a comment that anyone how claim brand loyalty is a moron so I wanna see how many so call morons are here
The brand I spent money on makes the bestest pistols evar, goes bang every time, drives tacks, all day long, in a dime size hole, in a ragged single hole, more accurate than I am, never fails, all other brands are subpar, blah blah blah...
'nuff said.

Anyone who buys a specific brand because it is that brand will soon find out the reality that every company makes lemons from time to time.

Look I don't care what you shoot or how well you firearm does this thread is not about that and I have to agree with dead eye eventually you will come across a lemon but that does not mean you wash your hands of that company there is nothing wrong with being a loyal consumer to a company I myself own a few firearms from different makers, but I'm a die hard HK owner and operator

Company ownership, management, and product quality changes over time. Those who once deserved brand loyalty may no longer. Those who once didn't may once again.

Look at the number of industries that "buy" your loyalty through affinity programs: airlines, car rentals, hotels, grocers, restaurants, retail, banks, credit cards,...and the list goes on nearly forever. Americans are drawn to perceived value, convenience, availability, and product quality. "Brands" are so much alike that most people must be bribed into picking one consistently over another.

Moronic may be too harsh a term, but long-term brand loyalty is usually unwarranted and thus not how thinking people generally behave today.

I will always be loyal to ruger for their service, .... now that said, i only own 2 rugers out of many guns right now, but out of 3 guns i have had serviced by the "factory" ruger was perfect! H&R.. not so much.. smith was ok

Blind loyalty is bad, but based on long term experience it can be good. You're not going to find a more durable, reasonably priced revolver than a Ruger. Their .22 pistols have worked for a few decades. Their other autos... um yeah, I'll pass.
Springfield Armory makes great 1911s and their customer service is fantastic when they do release a lemon.
Things change for bad or for good though, and your choices need to be reevaluated once in a while.
Colt 1911s used to be only good for base guns to build on, but were way overpriced for what they were. Now their quality is starting to actually be decent again.
Toyota used to make damn good cars, but as their market share has grown so has the number of problems.

I can't think of any companies that have recently lost my desire to own. I'm not really all that loyal to any company to begin with though.

Like Sparky said, NOT loyalty. Just preferences also.

Since this is firearm related, Ill only list firearm brands.

Hacker & Koch / Noveske / EdBrown / NightHawk / FNH / CZ .... lol I have favorite on every manufactures I guess. :s0112:

I am surprise no one mentioned GLOCK. :s0064:

Ruger, Colt, Dan Wesson, Smith and Wesson.

Funny thing, I recently got what I thought I wanted, Kimber Montana, and while it's an accurate rifle, I truly believe the Ruger M77 MKII's I've had functioned better.

May have to spend elk season packin that .375 Ruger. I KNOW I can count on it!

You'll notice I listed Ruger first. I've owned several and they have NEVER let me down.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews