JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Companies change over time. It's best to keep up on reviews and really look at what you are buying and what you hear about quality and customer service. Blind brand loyalty can get you burned on occasion. My last lesson in that came from buying a S&W Sigma, keeping it about 2 months and buying my first Glock.

Anyone who buys a specific brand because it is that brand will soon find out the reality that every company makes lemons from time to time.
I agree.
However, how that company deals with the "lemon" has earned my loyalty more than once.

How they deal with you when it's YOUR fault also matters.
Case in point is an older Burris scope I have.
2 rifles got tipped over last year. The 2x7 fullfield on one of them got dinged and the power ring was locked up.
I sent it in to them with a note, asking them to notify me of the cost to repair.

They called me back after 6 days and asked if I wanted anything else done while they had it apart. So, I asked if they could change the reticle to a fine plex, and they said okay.
A week later it shows up in my mailbox with all new lens coatings, a new reticle, a new scope cover, and the power ring fixed.

Total cost to me? One way shipping and insurance.

The next scope I bought was/is a Burris.

YMMV.

I think firearms are the only items in which I don't have a particular or narrowed brand loyalty. I look around at all my rifles and handguns and I notice I have 2 Rugers and 2 from Century Arms. The funny thing is, my 2 handguns from Ruger are probably the 2 handguns at the bottom of the totem pole. This is the same with the 2 Century Arms rifles.

I forgot the one that I am the biggest fan of.

When shopping for scopes many things are considered. Price, quality, customer service are just a few.

I have owned many scopes that are not Leupold, but unless I really step up in $$$ that's about all I'll be buying for the foreseeable future.

I forgot the one that I am the biggest fan of.

When shopping for scopes many things are considered. Price, quality, customer service are just a few.

I have owned many scopes that are not Leupold, but unless I really step up in $$$ that's about all I'll be buying for the foreseeable future.

+1 Leupold won my business many years ago. I slipped on ice and fell over backwards onto my scope - rifle slung over my back. I completely smashed that scope including breaking both outer lenses, and bent the tube. I stopped by the factory on my way home from E. Oregon and dropped off the scope, asking if they could fix it. I was young and the price of a new scope would have burned. A week later I got what I'll always believe was a brand new scope in a new box, $35 including shipping. Even then, the scope had cost me $200.

If quality is a "Brand" then I guess I'm brand loyal. I look for the best quality that's available whenever I make a purchase. Just because the same "name brand" was good the last time I bought doesn't mean it's still the best available.

A clear example is TV's. I buy TV's on the basis of the picture, not the name on the box.

I don't know about "loyality"

But my revolvers were made by someone name Sam Colt (oldest manufactured in 1926, still shoots like a dream), Did have a Rugar Bearcat 40 or 50 years ago. Only gun I ever sold, and sorry I sold it.

others?

22's pistols are all High Standard, 22 rifle is a Marlin

7.62X25, 9X18, and 9mm by CZ, and on my wish list is a H&K 45C

Shotgun is a Winchester manufactured in 1903, Rifle is a Remington 700bdl (1964)

There's certain brands I like more than others (S&W and keltec), but I'm not loyal to any gun brand. There's too many makes and models I like (and can't afford) to be too loyal.

Considering that most of the major manufacturers are owned by a few corporations now anyway, the product loses it's identity to me, and that doesn't inspire me to be too loyal.

Country of manufacture is more important to me than the brand, and I try and buy American over foreign as long as the quality and price is competitive.

Country of manufacture is more important to me than the brand, and I try and buy American over foreign as long as the quality and price is competitive.

I used to work for a company that tried to have all their products "Made in USA". Had a 5-6 year campaign of "All our products are made in USA". Failed miserably as Consumers merely went with the best product available for their needs and the lowest price, regardless of Country of Origin.

What really is made in the US today. I drive a vehicle with a "Foreign Brand Name" that is more "Made in USA" than any Ford, Chevrolet or Fiat(Chrysler) which all seem to magically be built in either Canada or Mexico yet claim the USA heritage.

For us here in the great NW, even the venerable Boeing jets are merely assembled here from parts made all over the world.

I don't have brand loyalties. I find that I am willing to look at many different brands. It is usually a certain feature of set of features that I am looking for at the moment and do the research on the item and the research will point me in a direction. The cost of an item usually determines the length of research. I have many brands that I usually go to first to see if they can fill the need before others though such as Ruger, Kahr or Browning, but I don't discount other brands unless the reputation turns me off (Kel-Tec or Taurus).

I was loyal to Gerber knives while they were being made here, and I always buy Dawn dish soap.
For firearms, well they all do something different and fit so many different needs, no one company will get all my support.
Oh and I really like my Zippo lighter and Kbar, and if i lost them, I would buy another.

...Oh and I really like my Zippo lighter...

One cool thing about Zippo is they are guaranteed for life with no proof of purchase. I have a 40's model with really cool brass Harley Davidson emblems attached. I sent it in because the lid would no longer shut tight. If I were to need another one, I'd buy a real sweet antique on ebay rather than a new one. They were all the rage in WWII.

Brand loyalty to me is not blind. Brand loyalty is when, based on your experience with the brand, you give them the benefit of the doubt when you hear both bad and good about their product.

back in the day when guns were made of steel and wood, whenS&W was owned by americans and Colt was not part of a Holding CO. famous for carberators, when Brownings came from Belgium, Remingtons came from Conn. and phoney Winchesters were the result of coperate sell-outs, when the M-1 Garand, the M-1 Carbine, The BAR, and the 1903 held sway as TOP GUNS
I was loyal
When Wheatherby and Browning went to Japan
china
I turned my back, forever

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews