Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Brady attack on "shall issue" permits

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Sun195, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Story on KOMO from our friends at the Brady Foundation:

Never let a good tragedy go to waste, eh? This is hardly a benign word change and would result in the arbitrary denial of permits for many residents in the state.

2. Kentucky Windage

Kentucky Windage WA State Active Member

What makes anyone think that this would have prevented a single thing that the said individual did?

He ignored all other laws - he would not have observed an unnecessary additional law.

3. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Makes it seem simple. Why don't we add some negations or remove negations from current laws while we're at it. I can think of a couple like the GCA or NFA to strike from the books in their entirety.

Fortunately, the Brady group, VPC, and other prohibition groups are losing relevance to the general public. You can only tell people the sky is falling so many times with manufactured statistics.

4. duran21

duran21 Lacey Active Member

If we let a "small" change like shall to may issue, wa will be the new ca!

5. Akathepriest

Akathepriest Astoria, OR Active Member

They didn't know he was insane, the only thing that will come of this is racist cops denying minorities simply because of their color.

There is no way to know he was insane, assuming this change to allow police to flip a coin or if they "feel" like it will only mean that if you catch them on a good day you might get your permit.

And besides, if he is going to kill somebody. He could have carried it openly to the gunshop LEGALLY, or he could have kept it under his shirt ILLEGALLY because thats really going to matter in the scheme of things considering he had the plot to murder all these people. The only thing that could have changed things is if everyone in that coffee shop had a gun. How well off would he have been then? Gotten off maybe one magazine before he was gunned down right there.

bikejunkie and (deleted member) like this.
  6. bikejunkie

bikejunkie Salem Well-Known Member

The typical garbage from the gasbags at the Brady Foundation. Last I checked, murder was illegal (though it seems to be hunting season in Seattle of late...) so the a concealed weapon charge doesn't mean squat to a person intent on committing multiple homicides. The only thing in that sewage I do agree with is that some people shouldn't have a gun- but that is for individuals, and families to decide, and the ability to legally conceal a pistol has nothing to do with it. This wacko shouldn't have owned any guns- but sometimes you just don't know someone's a murderer, until they kill some folks- and now everyone wants to point the finger as to who is to blame. It really is simple- blame the piece of bubblegum gunmen murderer. Would there be a push for a pocketknife ban if he stabbed them? What if he hit someone with a chair? Would there need to be a state mandate all seating apparatus be permanently affixed to the floor? What a joke

Doctnt and (deleted member) like this.
  7. sandman1212

sandman1212 NW Oregon Active Member

What does this "National Campaign" have to do with the rights of the people of Washington?!?!?! They don't live in Washington, Work in Washington and da** sure don't pay taxes in Washington. Washington legislators should politely tell them to go pound sand! Or not so politely!
    It is incomprehensible how blind a group of people can be!

8. bikejunkie

Oh you mean like the geniuses in the Peoples Republic of California that deem 90% of all handguns "unsafe" if they hold more than 10 bullets and "assault type rifles" to be "A particularly kind of dangerous weapons" This cop sold guns to friends and now both will do time for possessing guns just like the ones most of us have in our safe. What a horror show. You can't depend on the legislators to do the right thing- ever...

Law: Calif deputy's guns found in criminal hands - Yahoo! News

9. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

This horrible deed happened in Washington State a "Shall Issue" state, so it is "Proof" that our system does not work.

If it happens in California it is felon, gang related or a stolen firearm. That way you cannot blame their system because nothing legal was involved such as a shall issue permit holder. So ask them, and they will surely tell you their system works...:huh:

10. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

:rolleyes:
    Geez Louise...
    That story was on KING... not KOMO.

:bluelaugh:

11. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

When I went to pick up my first CPL way back when (1983 or so) the deputy held it out, as I reached for it he pulled it back and said "If the law didn't say I had to give these out I wouldn't give any of them out". I had an absolutely clean record and my father had a permit clear back in the 60's.

12. bikejunkie

^ and if God didn't say to be kind to each other, even jerk police officers, I'd tell you to kiss my pucker...

13. Dave Workman

Where did this happen?

14. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Clark Co Sheriffs office when I got my original permit. Should have been around 1983-84 or so, really don't remember. Do know I got it after my ex girlfriends psychiatrist broke confidentially and called me to tell me she was out to kill me. I knew she was a good shot with the .38 as RO's asked her to go pro. I went and picked the gun up and I've been packing ever since!!

15. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Doh! - they all seem the same to me! :bluelaugh:

16. Dave Workman

Calls for dismantling Washington’s model state preemption and “shall issue” concealed carry laws in the wake of the Café Racer slayings will likely not gain much traction with the legislature…

Maryland ruling explains why Wash.

17. enjr4

enjr4 Renton, WA Active Member

If you want to stop all this outside interference (from outside WA) you need to stop the outside money from polluting our election processes. The state laws governing contributions to politicians should not allow contributions from outside the election’s district. I have said this before, “If you cannot vote for or against it, you should not be able to spend money to affect its outcome!”

18. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Brady has about as much power today as the bum on the street corner begging for money for his wine. We are winning

19. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

That is the time for a big Cheshire Cat grin and just walk out. Win

20. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Wait, did the killer have his CHL? Was that actually an established fact? While I haven't been following this super closely, I didn't see it any of the articles regarding this event.

If he did, well that is annoying but people who have driver's licences drive drunk every day. If he didn't have one, that what the hell does Shall vs. May issue have to do with anything?

M