JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not yet. I saw some options north of $350. At that point, I'd go with fiberglass because it can be lighter, stiffer, and more weather resistant. What action are you using?
Either Savage 12FV or 110. Should have all the info I need to make that call very soon.

Yeah. I was just curious as to whats out there and have been looking around the interwebs.
The two that have peaked my interest is the Savage 12FV (Cabela exclusive) and the Savage 110 Tactical then put it in a Boyd Stock. They just re-did the 110's recently.

Buddy of mine has a Remington Varmint 700 LR in .223 that was a shop exclusive (Cabella's, Sportsman's, BudsGunshop.com, etc) he tore the factor stock off of and put it into laminate stock he purchased off of Ebay. It's the gun that is in my avatar picture and it's a nailer although it would never be good for anything but a bench rest. He gets complimented on it all of the time. FWIW :D

The two that have peaked my interest is the Savage 12FV (Cabela exclusive) and the Savage 110 Tactical then put it in a Boyd Stock. They just re-did the 110's recently.

I've got a 110 tactical in .308 with a 24" barrel with their accustock that I use as my "mid-range" rifle. The action sits in an aluminum chasis that is integral to the stock. It also has swapable cheek pieces and stock extensions for setting length of pull. May or may not be a fluke, but it's a sub MoA rifle right out of the box.

Following with interest; I just bought a bolt action heavy barrel rifle in .308 from a member here and looking for an alternate to the current Hogue rubber stock.

I've got a handful of rifles wearing Boyd's stocks and have no complaints. Was tempted by their At One stock, but since I'm the only one who shoots my rifles and my preferred LoP and cheek weld don't change I opted for a different model. Also, I got a ranch full of dirt and cleaning out the adjustment systems doesn't look like fun on those.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top