JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of my project guns involved a Boyd's stock. I liked the results. :)

coyote1-jpg.jpg

coyote3-jpg.jpg

mini-can-jpg.jpg

I have not tried the new adjustable stocks from Boyd's but have been reasonably happy with their sporter style stocks. I've ordered three or four over the years, and while I always fit them anyway, they've been completely serviceable with very few tweaks...

Either Savage 12FV or 110. Should have all the info I need to make that call very soon.
DB Wesner, i think you will like the Boyds stock on that 12fv. A guy at our club has 2 12fv's in boyds stocks and it makes a drastic change in the appearance of those rifles. A member here has a boyds stock that he may sell to you if you ask. He had it on a 12fv 6.5 creedmoor, that hes trying to sell. I personally really like how they look. If it were mine, id also glass bed it to your action to attain the most consistent accuracy. I dont, however, like the at one stock, but prefer the more traditional look of the pro varmint. YMMV. Do us a favor and post your thoughts on the Boyds stock, after you get it. If i dont sell my 12fv, i will end up buying a pro varmint for it.

This project is a sub $1000 challenge. I may be a fool to try it, just curious to see what I can do.
DB, I dont see how that would make you look like a fool. I'd take my 12fv with its $300.00 16X SWFA SS and compete against anyone with that rifle. As ive proven many times, you dont need to throw thousands of dollars at a rifle to be competitive. Good luck with your project.

Last Edited:
DB, I dont see how that would make you look like a fool. I'd take my 12fv with its $300.00 16X SWFA SS and compete against anyone with that rifle. As ive proven many times, you dont need to throw thousands of dollars at a rifle to be competitive. Good luck with your project.

90% of the equation is practicing proper marksmanship, the other 50% is having good kit. ;):D

90% of the equation is practicing proper marksmanship, the other 50% is having good kit. ;):D
Very true. At least you didnt say it had to be Tikka to be accurate :p. Our buddy KruelJ would be happy about that. Im hoping that Bergara shoots good for him. They have a great record so far though.

DB, exactly what is it you are wanting to build here? A bench rifle, a Tacticacal rifle, or..........
These are the guys I use, and have been extremely happy with them! Fit is Good, with a little hand fitting needed to fine tune, but Man, these are some great stocks! I have done 2 savage 10 FCP rifles in these stocks, and a 110 .338 they decided to try out for me!
Build time wasn't too bad ether! Give them a look!

Last Edited:
Yeah, i guess some guys need all the help they can get. Hey, are you working on getting a different target for us? :p

Ask yer mom and yet sister.... o_O

Just kidding! ;):D

I'm an HVAC guy.... been slammed busy during "the season" and also remodeling the kitchen at home.... so no time to make the trek, however I just ordered 8# of IMR4064, 2000 CCI#200 primers, and 1100 174gr SMK's... so I'll be rollin' some über pills for the next trip out.

I know the Tikka can group <MOA, so next I'll be testing out how well my Leupold VX-3i LRP actually tracks... yes, I'll take pictures. ;)

I had an At-1 on a Savage 308. I was given an expensive full aluminium bedded block stock. Original price was 4 times more. Shot the same, didn't fit as well and didn't have the grip and forearm obtains the At-1 had. For the price you can't beat it. All the HIGH DOLLAR STOCKS I.M.O.P.. are over rated and won't fit you like the Boyds at the 200 dollar price. No it doesn't have the aluminium bed block but unless ur on the Marine Corps shooting team you'll never no the difference... I.M.O... Spend your money on optics. you can pillar bed and bed the receiver for 30 bucks or less... 600 to 900 dollars or more for a stock ??? Hello McFly !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Semper Fi

I have several Boyds stocks. They are good quality. I bed the action in them. Overall, minimal fitting is all that is required. They are heavier than plastic but I don't mind the extra stability on the varmint rifle or the 375.

how are you ? for the price boyds can't be beat. i pillar bed and receiver bed the stocks. make my own pillars. just buy a stainless steel tubing to fit ur takedown screws. cut the length you need. and you don't have to drill a giant hole for the aluminum pillars and about 4 bucks for the tubing which made 5 sets of pillars.use a drill press and make sure the stock is level in both directions. it ain't hard...
SEMPER FI

I have 3, 1 on my Weatherby 300, 1 on my Browning 270 and another on my Dads Remington 3006. Have had no issues with them. Have been exposed to elements and have taken them well. All dropped in with 1 exception which was the older 06. Needed just some minor trimming for the safety.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top