JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds good.

I mentioned the black powder aspect since increasingly, my favored upland "walkabout" is a little NEF 12ga 22" with fixed modified choke. This was originally configured as a "youth" model and now set up with a standard length stock, sling swivels and carry strap. More often than not, the little single barrel is stoked with 3 1/8 drams of FFFg pushing 1 1/8 ounces from Federal paper hulls.

Frankly that little 20 bore Winchester 37, with the choke opened, sounds made to order for your upland jaunts.

Regards.

I like your load listed here...might have to try that one*...thanks again
With a different gun ... I have no interest in trying to stuff a 12 gauge into a 20 gauge...:eek::D

I am thinking of fitting out my NEf with a sling as well ...as you said they make a excellent walkabout gun.
Andy

... I have no interest in trying to stuff a 12 gauge into a 20 gauge...
Andy

Nor do I!

If loading the 20 bore cartridge with with black powder, I would use
2 1/2 to 2 3/4 drams of FFFg under seven eighths to an ounce of high antimony "magnum grade" lead shot. :D Hmm. I've a 20 bore repeater that would do well with such a load in the early dove season...

Nor do I!

If loading the 20 bore cartridge with with black powder, I would use
2 1/2 to 2 3/4 drams of FFFg under seven eighths to an ounce of high antimony "magnum grade" lead shot. :D Hmm. I've a 20 bore repeater that would do well with such a load in the early dove season...
I've used this load in my 20 Gauge NEF Pardner single shot...small world...LOL
Andy

You might find the ballistic performance of this pressure tested 12 gauge black powder load of some interest:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherman Bell, Double Gun Journal, Series "Finding Out For Myself"
Vol. 10, Issue 4, Winter, 1999, "Finding Out For Myself" Part II

3 Drams GOEX FFFg Blackpowder, Federal Paper hulls, 1 1/8 Oz Shot, Winchester 209 Primers, .135 nitro card, two ¼" Alcan felt filler wads yielded PSI 6,600 and 1167 FPS.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This load is a perfect fit in the Federal paper 2.75" hull with a fold crimp or 2.5" hull with a roll crimp.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top