JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently got a bore-scope and scoped all my rifles. Here I posted a picture of near-throat area of my Tikka Tac A1 w/ about 1,500 rounds through. The barrel is shot-out and I am taking the rifle for barrel replacement next week. My gunsmith will install Krieger Heavy Palma 24" 4-Groove barrel. The Tikka factory barrel was very accurate until about 1,100-1,200 rounds and then within about 200 rounds went from sub-1/2 MOA to over 1.5-MOA. I checked the barrel with a bore-scope and the area near throat is badly fire-cracked, but throughout first 1/2 of the barrel I see some thin lines about 45 degrees to rifling. You can see them in the posted picture. Does anyone have idea what these lines could be? Could these be cleaning scratches, or could these be marks left by the factory?

Dan from Seattle

20220221_213438.jpg

I shot the rifle too hard and that is the reason the rifle is going to re-barreling tomorrow. I was shooting 25-30 consecutive rounds without barrel cooling. Pretty much I fried the barrel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top