JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agree with the 20 book Aubrey/Maturin (Master and Commander is the 4th book) series by Patrick O'Brien. Enemies Foreign and Domestic by Matt Bracken is great as well.

For REAL history, these are all total stunners:

"Operation Snow" - by Jon Koster
"The Iron Curtain Over America" by Colonel John Beaty.
"The Chief Culprit: Stalin's Grand Design to Start World War II" by Viktor Suvorov.
"Freedom Betrayed" by ex-President Herbert Hoover.
"Churchill's War" vol 1 and 2:" by David Irving
"Hidden History: The Secret Origins of the First World War". by Gerry Docherty and Jim MacGregor

M Stanton Evans has a great book on Joseph McCarthy as well which is a worthy read.

For anyone interested in science, technology, engineering, or math:
Surely you're Joking Mr. Feynman: Adventures of a curious character. By physics Nobel laureate Richard Feynman. And his second book What do you care about what other people think?: Further adventures of a curious character."

Both books are hilarious. The first is about Feynman's involvement in the Manhattan Project. Likely to have a mind-expanding effect on anyone of any age with interest in any area of STEM.

In no particular order;

- The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker
- Verbal Judo by George Thompson
- For Whom The Bells Toll by Ernest Hemmingway
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (proper pronunciation for anyone wondering)
- The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett
- Roadside Picnic by the Sturgatsky brothers
- 1984 by George Orwell
- All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Remarque

Just listened to Waco by Jeff Guinn. I was 12 when it happened so I didn't know much about it. Pretty interesting stuff
I remember when that happened as well. At the time , I recall the official account being that the feds were at fault for the fire, although Jim (Janet) Reno would insist that it was a mass suicide.

Some 30 or so years later, I was back in school taking a psych class where the incident was mentioned in the text book, referring to the psychology of cults, saying that the official conclusion was that it was mass suicide.

Every time that comes up in conversation, I have heard a slightly different account. I'd be curious to read this book. There is also a documentary on Netflix now.

Every time that comes up in conversation, I have heard a slightly different account.
The author stated both sides but kind of left it to the reader to decide I feel like. Based on how much of a SNAFU it was its kind of hard to believe much from the Fed side, especially being not long after Ruby Ridge.

I remember when that happened as well. At the time , I recall the official account being that the feds were at fault for the fire, although Jim (Janet) Reno would insist that it was a mass suicide.

Some 30 or so years later, I was back in school taking a psych class where the incident was mentioned in the text book, referring to the psychology of cults, saying that the official conclusion was that it was mass suicide.

Every time that comes up in conversation, I have heard a slightly different account. I'd be curious to read this book. There is also a documentary on Netflix now.
And "officially" the USG "would never commit mass murder of its own citizens," but do a Google search on Operation Northwoods and see if you believe them. My personal take, JFK should have PERSONALLY grabbed General Lemnitzer by the tie, PERSONALLY taken him out to Andrews and PERSONALLY thrown him down one of Air Force One's jet intakes.

1682979202145.png

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads