JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Martian by Andy Weir.
A great sci-fi book that starts out by the main character exclaiming "I'm Fuc*ed" as he realized he was accidentally left behind on Mars by the first manned exploration team.
You can't put it down.
Got that on hold at the Library now. Wanted to see the movie but that creep, (Politically), Matt Damon is in it so I'll wait till Netflix. Robinson Crusoe on Mars. Sounds like a good read.

"The 5,00 Year Leap" by W. Cleon Skousen

"Back to Basics" Readers Digest (Don't laugh, it's a great compendium of basic knowledge & practical skills)

The Bible

"George Washington" Ron Chernow

"The 5,00 Year Leap" by W. Cleon Skousen

"Back to Basics" Readers Digest (Don't laugh, it's a great compendium of basic knowledge & practical skills)

The Bible

"George Washington" Ron Chernow
''The Holy Bible'' is Essential ,IMO. ''Readers Digest'' makes great instructional books !:s0083: I have an automotive repair book and a homeowners repair book and a woodworking -metal working book :s0143:from RD.They have good info by pros and they are in my Library, well for some AKA the Throne in the Bathroom . I like the old'' Mother Earth News'' magazines and the old books they sold.

via Mike Rowe

interview @ lifehacker

I'm sure it's interesting regardless. Are you currently reading anything—any novels or magazines you always go to?
Right now I'm going through the Jack Reacher series, which is written by Lee Child. He just came out with a new one; he's got about a dozen or so. I'm a big fan of the continuing character. I also like really good pulp fiction, so every couple years I reread all the Travis McGee mysteries by John D. MacDonald. I also recommend a series by George MacDonald Fraser called the Flashman Papers, which is just great historical fiction. Let's see, Richard Russo—I've got a book on the bedside table now called Straight Man, and he's written everything from the The Risk Pool to Mohawk, to Bridge of Sighs, a lot of great books. I like Russo a lot and then there's just a giant stack of stuff. I used to read every day—now I read once a week if I'm lucky.

The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. Nothing for preps or firearms but I enjoyed the history detail of the Chicago World fair along with the name dropping that took place to give context.. Oh, and a prolific Serial Killer of the day.

The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. Nothing for preps or firearms but I enjoyed the history detail of the Chicago World fair along with the name dropping that took place to give context.. Oh, and a prolific Serial Killer of the day.
Any books about Serial Killers are worth reading.:s0108: Although not about a Serial Killer :s0084:per say, the Book '' Ice Man'' is a Bio about a Mob Hitman :s0030:I plan on reading.

They are all forgeries the people that take credit for them had nothing to do with creating them all done by others ,Ideas and content typical liberal Hypocrisy

<broken link removed>
Some favorite books of mine:

· Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama
· The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama
· Change we can Believe in by Barack Obama
· An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore
· Common Sense Government by Al Gore
· My Life by Bill Clinton
· It Takes a Village by Hillary Clinton
· Hard Choices by Hillary Clinton
· Know your Power by Nancy Pelosi

They all burn really well and will keep you warm on a cold winter's night while you spend your time with a book actually worth reading.

A series of SF books called "Ringworld" by Larry Niven.
Excellent story line, one of the best SF series I have ever read.
I normally wait for winter to take on such a a large series of books, but once I read the first one, I was hooked.

Ringworld is an artificial ring about one million miles wide and approximately the diameter of Earth's orbit (which makes it about 600 million miles in circumference), encircling a sun like star.
It rotates, providing artificial gravity that is 99.2% as strong as Earth's gravity through the action of
centrifugal force.

The ringworld has a habitable, flat inner surface equivalent in area to approximately three million Earth-sized planets. Night is provided by an inner ring of shadow squares which are connected to each other by thin, ultra-strong wire (shadow-square wire).

upload_2015-10-16_8-27-12.jpeg

Another great series is the "Destroyermen" by Taylor Anderson.
It involves the adventures of a WWll destroyer that enters a a South Pacific storm while battling a huge Japanese Battlecruiser and being transported into an alternate Earth where evolution takes a turn for the worst.
The dominate species on the planet are sentient, but super vicious Velociraptor like creatures.
Riveting battles to the death between the humans, their Lemur cat like allies and hordes of mindless blood thirsty waves of the 'Grik".
After the fourth book, it starts to bog down in the story line, but the first ones are definitely a can't put down set of books.

upload_2015-10-16_8-26-30.jpeg

The Black Company series - Glen Cook
Incarnations of Immortality series - Piers Anthony
The Dark Tower series - Stephen King

They are the 3 best series' of books I have ever read, LOTR and Harry Potter being excepted.

I don't see this posted in the thread:

You can get ebooks and audio books from your library. They are interconnected --

WA, OR, and Military library systems, and
AK, ID, Canada.

Start at Overdrive.com

An example:
If you have a library card in Oregon (Your password is your library card number)
http://library2go.lib.overdrive.com/54D966B6-22F5-48B2-B62F-33F59815A687/10/50/en/default.htm

You will need to install the Overdrive software on your computer, tablet, phone etc.

I download to my home PC, then transfer the files to my phone so I can listen to audio books.

The Overdrive software takes care of deleting files when your check out expires.

I read a 6 book series that covered the Revolutionary War for 1774 to 1787. Fictional people with historically correct writings. I learned a lot from that series about why it happened, and the true underlying causes. Dammed if I can remember the name of the author though.

OK, it isn't a book but it is a magazine.... All the nude pictures are gone so we'll have to read the articleso_OWe all read the articles right? That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;);)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top