Body Armor

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Glock Jock, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Glock Jock

Glock Jock
    Wilsonville , OR
    Well-Known Member 2017 Volunteer

My friend was given a plate carrier with plates from his relative in the Air Force and he wants to give it to me, but gave the plates away because "a cop" told him he couldn't legally own the military vest and plates together because he is not in the military. This exact one: http://m.ebay.com/itm/151820831649

Can anyone verify that this is true? And can anyone tell me what is legal as far as if I can own it and what plates I can use legally? Thanks for any info.

2. Glock Jock

Glock Jock
    Wilsonville , OR

His claim was a civilian can't own military issued vests and plates together. So my buddy gave the plates to a vet. They were already gone when I found out.

3. Glock Jock

Glock Jock
    Wilsonville , OR

I thought it sounded funny, but it's free so I will just have to get new plates

4. ogre

ogre
    Vancouver, WA

shadowex275 likes this.
  5. The Heretic

The Heretic
    Oregon

This is why you should not necessarily believe a LEO when they talk about laws or guns; they repeat rumors and half-truths just like any other person.

:rolleyes:

shadowex275, Glock Jock and spectra like this.
  6. oknow

oknow
    amboy wa.

Leo's are there to enforce laws, a lot of times they have no clue what the law is. They have their understanding and if they are wrong they get you for some other obscure law or the public end up paying a settlement.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  7. Glock Jock

Glock Jock
    Wilsonville , OR

My record is clean. I Have it for similar reasons as my guns. Have and hope I never need.