Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Body Armor

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Glock Jock, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

My friend was given a plate carrier with plates from his relative in the Air Force and he wants to give it to me, but gave the plates away because "a cop" told him he couldn't legally own the military vest and plates together because he is not in the military. This exact one: http://m.ebay.com/itm/151820831649

Can anyone verify that this is true? And can anyone tell me what is legal as far as if I can own it and what plates I can use legally? Thanks for any info.

2. Glock Jock

His claim was a civilian can't own military issued vests and plates together. So my buddy gave the plates to a vet. They were already gone when I found out.

3. Glock Jock

I thought it sounded funny, but it's free so I will just have to get new plates

4. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

shadowex275 likes this.
  5. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

This is why you should not necessarily believe a LEO when they talk about laws or guns; they repeat rumors and half-truths just like any other person.

:rolleyes:

shadowex275, Glock Jock and spectra like this.
  6. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

Leo's are there to enforce laws, a lot of times they have no clue what the law is. They have their understanding and if they are wrong they get you for some other obscure law or the public end up paying a settlement.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  7. Glock Jock

My record is clean. I Have it for similar reasons as my guns. Have and hope I never need.