JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Plate armor comes in various cuts like swimmers cut or shooters cut. Places seem to only sell plates in pairs, meaning that you would run, say swimmers cut, in both the front and rear.

I may be totally ignorant here, but it seems like the sweet spot would be to run swimmers cut up front and shooters cut or a different cut in the rear. Or insert whatever combo works best for you.

Are you supposed to just buy another pair of plates? Am I doing it totally wrong? Have I lost the plot?

PFA

SmartSelect_20200722-101913_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Here's a main reason for getting identical plates;
So you can rotate the plates (not that it matters much :rolleyes: )
Another is basically, the majority of carriers are designed for the same cut front and back.

And then we get into logistics and physical reasons..

Logistically, it can be cheaper to maintain the same cut of plate across the different carriers if one has more than one carrier.

Physically; one wants to maintain flexibility/freedom of movement front and back, although the back have different muscles and bones, one still can flex their shoulder blades and arms, consider pushing up from the ground, or being able to pull upper arms all the way back. This is also why full cut plates aren't as common as they were in the old days.
However, a SAPI cut back could provide a measure of flexibility and protection better than either a full cut or a swimmers/advanced shooters cut?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top