JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wear 9 pounds of SBA in the field. The lightest rifle plate is about the same.
Spalling on steel plates is a serious risk, it can take your throat out!
I wear the "Floating Rifle Plate"
18 pounds total.
Now add a basic combat load-out (17 pounds)
Now I'm humping 35 pounds, just to get into the fight.
Forget Dollars. Money is worthless if you are dead.
Buy the lightest gear possible, Blue Force Gear LBE weighs OUNCES and DKX BA is so light it floats

My DKX IIIA plates and Condor Operator plate carrier finally came. So light, why not wear it?

The cat knocked some stuff over last night, woke me up and I went about clearing the house. One thought that came to mind was that if I was going to be in a fist fight, I just needed to protect my head and groin. A little bit of peace when rolling around a dark house.

Question though, How high on the torso should I be wearing the vest? It is about 2 inches below my chin line.

Cheers

I keep seeing this armor that so light that it floats, Remember, a Aircraft carrier floats as well and I would not call it light. I have seen some armors that are light but they are also very thick and thats almost as bad as being heavy.

The IIIA plates are about a centimeter thick and cant weigh more than a pound or two. I think it is the rifle plates that actually float. My plates, say "buoyant neutral" .

I keep seeing this armor that so light that it floats, Remember, a Aircraft carrier floats as well and I would not call it light. I have seen some armors that are light but they are also very thick and thats almost as bad as being heavy.

Just buy and interceptor vest and a set of Sapi plates, and be done with it. Gives you level III soft and with the plates you can stop 7.62. They're easy to find (check out craigslist, ebay, on the board occasionally), relatively cheap (I've seen vest go from $90-200 usually with the soft panel inserts and a set of plates go from $150-400), and you can get all sort of attachments (groin, neck, etc). I used to have one that was too small for me (size L and needed XL) so I took it to SKT Industries in North Seattle and Scott "tailored" it to fit me (added longer straps with more adjustment) for a very reasonable price.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top