JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some of what is in this article is self evident to those of us who are not blind; i.e. 'Liberal' colleges promoting intolerance. To hear Bloomie say as much is shocking.
"In each case, liberals silenced a voice -- and denied an honorary degree -- to individuals they deemed politically objectionable. This is an outrage," Bloomberg said to applause.

I can't help but wonder if he knows his words are hypocritical and just doesn't care because of his pet projects or if he is really so blind that he can't see it also applies to him.
He added, "If you want the freedom to worship as you wish, to speak as you wish, and to marry whom you wish, you must tolerate my freedom to do so -- or not do so -- too. What I do may offend you. You may find my actions immoral or unjust. But attempting to restrict my freedoms in ways that you would not restrict your own leads only to injustice."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/29/us/bloomberg-harvard-speech/index.html?sr=sharebar_facebook

Guys like Bloomberg get off on hearing their own voices. People like him just can't shut their damn mouths, which means eventually they all say something to contradict their own views - they just can't keep track of what they've said previously or if what they're saying now makes them look like a hypocrite. Bloomberg is a class A tool, no two ways about it.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/best-of-the-web-today-two-cheers-for-bloomberg-1401478641

"Michael Bloomberg has never been this columnist's favorite politician, but he gave a <broken link removed> at Harvard's commencement that we can't help but applaud. The generally left-liberal three-term former New York mayor forcefully defended the old-fashioned liberal values of free expression and inquiry against the postmodern left's relentless attacks. An excerpt:

"There is an idea floating around college campuses--including here at Harvard--that scholars should be funded only if their work conforms to a particular view of justice. There's a word for that idea: censorship. And it is just a modern-day form of McCarthyism.Think about the irony: In the 1950s, the right wing was attempting to repress left wing ideas. Today, on many college campuses, it is liberals trying to repress conservative ideas, even as conservative faculty members are at risk of becoming an endangered species. And perhaps nowhere is that more true than here in the Ivy League.
In the 2012 presidential race, according to Federal Election Commission data, 96% of all campaign contributions from Ivy League faculty and employees went to Barack Obama.
Ninety-six percent. There was more disagreement among the old Soviet Politburo than there is among Ivy League donors."

"
I highlighted Bloomberg in blue.

My jaw dropped.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/best-of-the-web-today-two-cheers-for-bloomberg-1401478641

"Michael Bloomberg has never been this columnist's favorite politician, but he gave a <broken link removed> at Harvard's commencement that we can't help but applaud. The generally left-liberal three-term former New York mayor forcefully defended the old-fashioned liberal values of free expression and inquiry against the postmodern left's relentless attacks. An excerpt:

"There is an idea floating around college campuses--including here at Harvard--that scholars should be funded only if their work conforms to a particular view of justice. There's a word for that idea: censorship. And it is just a modern-day form of McCarthyism.Think about the irony: In the 1950s, the right wing was attempting to repress left wing ideas. Today, on many college campuses, it is liberals trying to repress conservative ideas, even as conservative faculty members are at risk of becoming an endangered species. And perhaps nowhere is that more true than here in the Ivy League.
In the 2012 presidential race, according to Federal Election Commission data, 96% of all campaign contributions from Ivy League faculty and employees went to Barack Obama.
Ninety-six percent. There was more disagreement among the old Soviet Politburo than there is among Ivy League donors."

"
I highlighted Bloomberg in blue.

My jaw dropped.

Isn't that something? Too bad he can't apply that kind of critical thinking to the gun control debate - if he looked at his own ideas that way, maybe he could convince himself he's wrong.

Unfortunately, one decent quote doesn't make him a good guy. But it is nice to hear though - especially from the mouth of an ultra liberal. I'd like to hear what they have to say in return.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top