JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tint the windows and get some 20" chrome spinners on it and you'll have a bit more manliness back:p.

Tint the windshield also and it will make all the rest look darker and is awesome for night driving! (Seriously).

Well I already tricked out the back seat with my kids car seats. Sooner enough I'll add some milk stains and cherios to the seats and floors.
Maybe throw in a soccerball and who knows possibly a headrest dvd player with frozen on a loop

Hey bro, I'm totally good with my 2015 Forester. I did, however, tint the windows, add a HAM radio and antenna, a SiriusXM radio and antenna, change the wheels to black ones and paste a small AR bolt face decal on the back window. You know, to man it up a bit. I suggest you do the same! :p

So I'm feeling completely stupid today. About a week ago my car (09 Ford Escape) started making some engine noises. Slight knocking. But sounded more like a rattle.
Then a couple days ago got worse, and yesterday got worse. So today finally checked my oil. It was super low. Added 3qts and it was still a qt low.
Paid $140 to have the oil changed and headed to work, the noise got worse until it started clunking and running rough, then started to die.

Got it towed to a shop by my house.

This of course is a horrible time since I'm broke and already had charged my credit card up on other issues.

So my question to the community is what is the best option to get the most money from a vehicle with a blown engine?
Technically it still runs, although barely. The rest of the vehicle is in decent shape.
It has brand new tires, shocks, and struts.

I know the best option is to part it out annd more money over the next year, but that's not an option for me.

I work full time and have to young kids that I take and pick up from daycare. I need a ride soon.

Any advice or suggestions would be welcome.

And feel free to call me an idiot, chick, or any other names that would be pretty accurate about now.

My advice is to go to a wrecking yard and find another 09 or newer duratec for it. Don't buy an 08 because they don't put out as many ponies as your 09. I've seen them on ebay for decent enough deals. By the way, if you part it out I'll take the transfer case/ power transfer unit.... How many miles does yours have on it? I just did an oil change on mine today and it has 229,450. Still runs like a champ and doesn't use a drop of oil in 5,000 miles..... Damn good engines...

Ah, it looks like you bought a nice CRV. Those are pretty nice vehicles. My wife drives a pilot and she loves it.....Good deal, at least you were lucky enough to get anything from the dealer with a seized engine in the escape...... Car problems suck. Glad to see you don't have to deal with that..... Hey, by the way, make sure you check the oil on your new car more often than you did your escape....:p

Hey bro, I'm totally good with my 2015 Forester. I did, however, tint the windows, add a HAM radio and antenna, a SiriusXM radio and antenna, change the wheels to black ones and paste a small AR bolt face decal on the back window. You know, to man it up a bit. I suggest you do the same! :p

I like it. I'm going to tint the windows, add some cross bars and put my roof rack on it and get another tow hitch for it.
I need to find a new truck gun hiding spot in this vehicle though. I may have found a good spot, will require some modification, but if it works out it will be awesome.

I was planning on putting some black wheels on my black escape, but now I'm not sure if I want to stick with black.

I do really like the Foresters. If it wasn't for my wife I would have went with the Forester.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top