JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone. First time on this forum about the black powder firearms. My good friend has an old Charles Daley 10 gauge double barrel. It's got exposed hammers and Damascus barrels. It seems solid and locks up tight. He wants to shoot it but can't find anyone who carries the ammunition. Anyone have a suggestion as to a possible source? Thanks.

Goex used to make some loaded black powder shotgun cartridges...
I just did a quick search and only found 12 gauge loads...maybe a better search will turn some 10 gauge up...?

You can always load your own shells...Track of the Wolf has all the components needed...

And with that said...its always a good idea to get your old / antique gun checked out by a knowledgeable person or gunsmith before firing....
Andy

Hi everyone. First time on this forum about the black powder firearms. My good friend has an old Charles Daley 10 gauge double barrel. It's got exposed hammers and Damascus barrels. It seems solid and locks up tight. He wants to shoot it but can't find anyone who carries the ammunition. Anyone have a suggestion as to a possible source? Thanks.
Buffalo Arms, they have all you need with regard to black powder.
Black Powder Shotgun Ammunition | Shop Shotgun Ammo at Buffalo Arms - Buffalo Arms
~Whitney

I have an LC Smith hammer 10 gauge with Damascus barrels. I have just ordered 10 gauge black powder shells from Buffalo. Good Idaho company. I am looking for some full length Brass cases to load.

Thanks for the information! I will relay this to my friend who has the shotgun. I think he's going to need to put wheels and a hitch on it to get it around. It's a beast, though well done.

Please , Please have the barrels expertly checked before firing. Old Damascus and twist steel barrels tend to develop rust between the layers of metal due to the corrosiveness of BP and humidity changes where the gun was stored. It is seldom visible to the naked eye but if it is present, the barrels can come apart when fired. BP shells can develop from 7,000 PSI up so Be Safe and consult a Qualified Expert Gunsmith... Not Bubba !

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top