JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Other than often wishing I had worked harder to drop a C note on this stuff many years ago, never paid much attention to it since it got "mainstream" so to speak. So when I ran across this news story the last line got my attention. That the supposed "crook" would not give up his password so the Bitcoin was there in his account but, they claim he can never get it. So is there someone here who knows how this works that can say he really can't ever get it back or "cash it is" so to speak? Just how they make sure he can't?
I have figured for a long time that those at the top in Government have to be working really hard to get control of this, is they have not already.

"Prosecutors have ensured the man cannot access the largesse, however."

Read Newsmax: Police Seize $60 Million of Bitcoin! Now, Where's the Password? | Newsmax.com
Important: Find Your Real Retirement Date in Minutes! More Info Here

My laymen understanding is that crypto currency is kept in a digital wallet that is highly encrypted. With a password being the users "key" to get in.

I think its great he hasnt given up the password regardless of his crimes.

My laymen understanding is that crypto currency is kept in a digital wallet that is highly encrypted. With a password being the users "key" to get in.

I think its great he hasnt given up the password regardless of his crimes.
That was my VERY limited understanding too. When it first hit and I was wanting to throw a Hundred at it, figuring it would be a loss, they were warning that if you lost your password you were just SOL. So the article saying he would not give it up but they "made sure he could never get the cash out" was what made me wonder, how? As in how do they prevent him from every selling it?
Kind of reminded me of a guy decades back. Buddy worked for the prison system. Inmate there had stolen something like a couple mil, so in today's dollars it would be 2 or 3 times that. He was some high up in some huge Co. He claimed that when caught he offered to give the money back for probation. That when he was doing it, he got caught up in the thrill and was not spending the money. So the Prosecutor refused, sent him up for what amounted to a few years. He said when he got out he had the cash so was willing to do the time and then spend it. This was of course LONG before the kind of stuff they have now of course so who knows if it was true or bluster from some con. :rolleyes:
Guy who worked there said the guys Wife used to come to visit every weekend and she was a 10+ and seemingly standing by the guy so maybe she believed he had the money still? :D

While in the bar of an expensive hotel, my wife commented to me that there seemed to be a number of attractive young "ladies" doing very brisk business.
She said, "Those girls are sitting on a fortune!"...
... You suppose she meant that new-fangled BUTTCOIN? :s0153:

Fun stuff. We have been tracking one of the hedge fund billionaire financial terrorists. Since he cant hide is private jet's transponder we can see where ever he goes. He will make a trip to the south of france, land at an airport for 15 minutes at the same time as another private jet with another financial terrorist on board. In the 15 minutes the two are on the tarmack, a few hundred billion dollar's worth of Bitcoin shows up on the blockchain. Probably coincidence right?

Until it happens again and again and again. He just went from chicago to florida and had another 15 minute stay at the airport before heading back and another huge transaction hits the blockchain.

I think they might be doing something slightly illegal.

but and no one cares. DOJ, FBI, SEC....

A ruling Wednesday clears the way for the first U.S. exchange-traded funds that hold bitcoin to be sold to the public.

The decision by the Securities and Exchange Commission will allow mainstream investors to buy and sell bitcoin as easily as stocks and mutual funds. Expectations of U.S. regulatory approval for such funds drove the price of bitcoin to the highest level in about two years. The digital currency fell to just below $46,000 late Wednesday, up from $17,000 in January 2023.

Until now, everyday investors who wanted to buy and sell digital currencies have had to either trade on crypto exchanges and incur hefty transaction fees or purchase products that track bitcoin in less direct ways. At least half a dozen bitcoin-futures ETFs are already on the market. Those funds use futures contracts to provide exposure to bitcoin price moves, though they have been criticized for often straying from bitcoin's price.

A ruling Wednesday clears the way for the first U.S. exchange-traded funds that hold bitcoin to be sold to the public.

The decision by the Securities and Exchange Commission will allow mainstream investors to buy and sell bitcoin as easily as stocks and mutual funds. Expectations of U.S. regulatory approval for such funds drove the price of bitcoin to the highest level in about two years. The digital currency fell to just below $46,000 late Wednesday, up from $17,000 in January 2023.

Until now, everyday investors who wanted to buy and sell digital currencies have had to either trade on crypto exchanges and incur hefty transaction fees or purchase products that track bitcoin in less direct ways. At least half a dozen bitcoin-futures ETFs are already on the market. Those funds use futures contracts to provide exposure to bitcoin price moves, though they have been criticized for often straying from bitcoin's price.

Who is buying in to these ETFs? Which do you prefer?

Edit: I bought one share of FTBC. I may pick up a few more shares over the next days or weeks. I still think bitcoin is a scam.

Last Edited:

Trackable taxation kinda defeats the purpose though so..

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top