JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, there is a power plant in New York, who no longer sells power to the grid. They were getting like 3c / kw h produced (wholesale)
Running these bit mine rigs, they make about 6c / kw-h.

So an entire power plant.

Yes, they are like the #1 draw on the grid world wide, currently.

NW Aluminum plants had shut down to re-sell their contracted electricity some years back ( maybe 30 now), it is the same concept.

The owners of the plants asked himself, "What business are we in? Aluminum Smelting? Power Generation? or Money Making?"

And, a by-product is a reduction in the number of required workers.

quick search results:

I remember when Bitcoin first hit they were looking for people to act to set up to let people use it. The people who set up to do so got a fraction of the usage for their trouble. It was why at first it was not simple to buy. I had wanted to toss a C note at it, intending to lose it, just wanted to try. It was far more work than I was willing to do to buy. Now of course I can't help but think if I had found someone to help me? Well I would no longer need to work but, hey that's life :D
Now it's dead simple to buy the stuff of course.

Bitcoin mining is a misnomer, as its not so much going out and searching for that bitcoin but lending the computing power of your machine to the bitcoin company.

The bitcoin company uses the mesh computing power to verify the block chain transactions and then pays you in fractional bitcoin.

This is sort of like the SETI @ Home project. But SETI doesn't pay for use of your computing power.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top