JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Numista is a great place to look on just how rare your coins are and they provide some information on values. If they were of considerable value, you might want to have them graded and slabbed by a professional grading service like NGS or PCGS.

Edit to add: Cleaning them will just about reduce their value to zero or melt if its a precious metal. Don't do anything to them.

Who in the Portland area does an evaluation of old coins. I am willing to pay for the evaluation. I need this for insurance purposes.
There are reasonably good sources available at full service book stores. Sometimes I think it's like Granny taking her car in
for appraisal so she can buy a new one. Once they recognize you're not aware of the market their own interests come into
play. Buy "The Blue Book of Coin Values" and get a feel for what you have. There are grading suggestions there as well. Have
a rough idea of value before you have your coins evaluated.

I have the blue book and have been researching as best I can. Since I am not selling currently I am interested in replacement value.

I have the blue book and have been researching as best I can. Since I am not selling currently I am interested in replacement value.
I do some collecting. Do you mind saying what you have?

My dad collected pennies and I ended up with a fairly large collection of pennies including a couple of wheaty VDB's, indian heads and flying eagles.

ETA: My dad's cataloging system was coffee can and I spent a few winter nights putting them into flips and storage boxes. I have no interest in selling mine either, its all going to the kids.

Last Edited:
I found 5 morgans in pawn shop just south of Jakarta once. A friend of mine had wandered in fist and had asked thir price. Then me, the white guy, walked in and they realized they'd totally blown it. I got them all for about 80 cents each.

I found 5 morgans in pawn shop just south of Jakarta once. A friend of mine had wandered in fist and had asked thir price. Then me, the white guy, walked in and they realized they'd totally blown it. I got them all for about 80 cents each.
A morgan is a bit more than 3/4 (.77.... troy ounce ) of an ounce of silver so at minimum they are worth as I understand it even in poor condition worth twenty dollars a piece.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top